i know these have been around for quite a while now, but i just got around to finally putting a HTPC together. so far, i'm very thrilled with it. i already have a HD/DVR/digital cable box, but i wanted the MCE interface for all my music. all of the other features merely serve as a bonus. i even installed the mceWeather plugin, which gives me up to date weather reports, forecasts, and satellite info at the touch of a button. i'm still working on getting all my mp3's tagged properly, but it's going well so far. Tag&Rename is definitely the way to go if you want everything to show up correctly in MCE.
anyway, here are the specs and some pics....
- 2.8GHz 1MB L2/800MHz FSB Intel Pentium 4 CPU
- Kingston 512MB DDR400 RAM
- MSI PM8M-V Motherboard
- Seagate 200GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
- PNY GeForce 6200 128MB Video Card
- Hauppauge Win-TV PVR-150 MCE FM/TV Tuner Card
- AOpen Cobra AW870LP 7.1 Sound Card
- NEC 16x DVD±R DVD Burner
- ASPIRE X-QPACK case w/ 420W PSU
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows Media Center Remote Control
putting it together was pretty easy. the case is a wonderful piece of work. it's really compact, but still leaves lots of room for air circulation and wires. the pull-out motherboard tray was a lifesaver. the transparent sides and top add a nice touch, as well.
(click thumbnails to enlarge)