User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Post your home audio setups. Here is mine.

juniorab is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Post your home audio setups. Here is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    must be my coolsat 5k thats getting weak on customer support
    Are you on DN or BEV? Mine hasn't gone down in about a week now. And when it does go down, the fix is out in less than a day(usually).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by juniorab View Post
    Are you on DN or BEV? Mine hasn't gone down in about a week now. And when it does go down, the fix is out in less than a day(usually).
    both, my dish is on a motor. bev hasnt been a big issue but right now it is down for me. DN is working right now fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Skin Rep View Post

so in closing...
    Don't punch babies..

ANT
    www.secondskinaudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both, my dish is on a motor. bev hasnt been a big issue but right now it is down for me. DN is working right now fine.
    huh. Just checked my BEV and I'm still going. Might have to do a hard reboot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh. Just checked my BEV and I'm still going. Might have to do a hard reboot.
    hmm maybe. i'll check it out later. i probably just need to reposition my motor if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Skin Rep View Post

so in closing...
    Don't punch babies..

ANT
    www.secondskinaudio.com

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you say that as if it's a bad thing. I love my music, plain and simple. My vice, not yours.
    Au contraire, my friend, you've got me wrong. I noted in your other thread about the guy wanting to start up a home audio setup, and you recommended a good source first, when the most common is to put the money into the speakers. I thought you were an audiophile, and alas, I was right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    Au contraire, my friend, you've got me wrong. I noted in your other thread about the guy wanting to start up a home audio setup, and you recommended a good source first, when the most common is to put the money into the speakers. I thought you were an audiophile, and alas, I was right.
    my bad, good sir. I thought you were trying to say it was a bad thing. I apologize. I take my audio gear seriously. In a perfect setup, most audiophiles will say that a good source unit is where you should start.

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    Yep, I was right. Audiophile.
    Don't be a feg...

better than joetamas setup he will hate me for saying that

naa seriously that setup looks ******

No it isn't... Until he gets the Classe and 802D...

I am perfectly happy with my setup, since I am 22 and in college...

Some day my man some day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joetama View Post
    Don't be a feg...

No it isn't... Until he gets the Classe and 802D...

I am perfectly happy with my setup, since I am 22 and in college...

Some day my man some day...
    LOL! Yes, I agree, your 700's and your 1098 outdo me, but I think I have you on source unit, the front stage amp, and cabling!

You do have a very nice setup for being 22. I'm 29 and you'll probably have a much better setup when your my age!

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! Yes, I agree, your 700's and your 1098 outdo me, but I think I have you on source unit, the front stage amp, and cabling!

You do have a very nice setup for being 22. I'm 29 and you'll probably have a much better setup when your my age!
    I've never heard the Krell CD player but it would have to fit a pretty big bill to school a CD73. I have been seriously impressed by that player over and over again. Plus I am thinking the Krell is probably in a bit of a different price class. But, none the less I am sure it sounds amazing.

As for the amplifier, Copland is nice but I don't know about tubes. I've always been a SS guy and it is very much opinion. I don't think the 703 would make a very tube friendly speaker. I've been running that RB-1080 for a while and it is a very solid amplifier. I'm looking at bringing a couple of amplifiers from back home with me after easter. H||H Audio V-800 and an older Hafler amplifier just to play with.

Cabling, I run Straightwire and Nordost. I haven't gone all bloody crazy on the cables, but spent some time listening and picking. (Don't anyone say **** about cables, because this is not the time nor the thread to be arguing it, thanks.)

Anyway, it is strongly my opinion that it isn't what you run nor what you spent, but how much you enjoy it that is important. Which like most B&W owners (and I am sure you are in this) I love my system. I unfortunately (or fortunately) was bitten by the audio/music bug thanks to my father/grandfather when I was very young. So, my system isn't a luxury it is a necessity.

Audio is WAY to subjective.

Anyway, it is nice to have another B&W guy around. Now I know I'm not the only mad man.

I hope all that made sense... Too many Great Lakes tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joetama View Post
    I've never heard the Krell CD player but it would have to fit a pretty big bill to school a CD73. I have been seriously impressed by that player over and over again. Plus I am thinking the Krell is probably in a bit of a different price class. But, none the less I am sure it sounds amazing.

As for the amplifier, Copland is nice but I don't know about tubes. I've always been a SS guy and it is very much opinion. I don't think the 703 would make a very tube friendly speaker. I've been running that RB-1080 for a while and it is a very solid amplifier. I'm looking at bringing a couple of amplifiers from back home with me after easter. H||H Audio V-800 and an older Hafler amplifier just to play with.

Cabling, I run Straightwire and Nordost. I haven't gone all bloody crazy on the cables, but spent some time listening and picking. (Don't anyone say **** about cables, because this is not the time nor the thread to be arguing it, thanks.)

Anyway, it is strongly my opinion that it isn't what you run nor what you spent, but how much you enjoy it that is important. Which like most B&W owners (and I am sure you are in this) I love my system. I unfortunately (or fortunately) was bitten by the audio/music bug thanks to my father/grandfather when I was very young. So, my system isn't a luxury it is a necessity.

Audio is WAY to subjective.

Anyway, it is nice to have another B&W guy around. Now I know I'm not the only mad man.

I hope all that made sense... Too many Great Lakes tonight.
    The Krell is an amazing player for what I paid for it. It's one of my favorite pieces, until I get the CDP 102

I started off with the rotel 1080 for my front stage(actually I still have it in my bedroom with my 1066 processor, love em!) It's nice. I was never a big tube fan either until my good friend, who is a hi-fi dealer, let me play with this copland. It makes my B&W's sing!! He actually had it on his 703's before I got it, and I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made on them. Such a warm and dynamic sound.

I agree, it doesn't matter how much you spend, as long as you enjoy it. I'm just addicted and love to keep upgrading. Every time you add a new piece or change cabling(I know don't start), It's like you have an entirely new library of music. You start to hear things in all your old cd's that you didn't hear before. I love it.

wong05tsx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got bored, had a Hertz HT25 tweeter and a SPX-177A 6.5" mid laying around, I dropped the lid of one of those 100 pack CD-R's, and it landed on top of the type X, and this idea came to mind. With a little bit of help from good ol' hot glue gun..Have it hooked up to my reciever, which is hooked up my my computer. Sounds pretty **** nice if you ask me. I wish I hooked up that tweeter long ago. The mid adds a little bit of punch

Not the prettiest, but I can really care less, as you can tell from my desk. I guess it's a bit creative :}

edit:

Found this up by my user name :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Caraudio.com
    Hello wong05tsx it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

2005 Carbon Grey Pearl TSX
    Substage: 2-10" SSA Icon D1
    Stock HU Additions:Custom Amp Bypass, Dice R4
    Amps: Sundown SAZ-1500D, SD SAX-100.4
    Speakers: Hertz HSK165 w/ Rainbow Cal25 Twtrs.
    Hertz HCX165
    Deadening:: Dynamat Xtreme
    Electrical: Optima YT D35

Refs:
    Bought from: Qbenjamin, MSW Danny, UCbizerkeley, SPY, jjhuang, Tonyguy, 96TL, Justadork2u, duece212, Nosaj070, RE_Gawker, KINGDELL91, BlackwaterOP, BassAddictJ, phenryiv1, XxSuperAdamxX, TheFiverMan, ViolentAudio, nbudros, Jeeper07, lilmaniac2, nismo14, Brian Owens, blaze383, bajalion, mrray13
    Sold to: IS_250, robertspangler, tapout, Onearmedscissor, Pellis, 99grandprixGT, stupify, nismo14, blackbonnie, EGGmane, viveet, TurboG

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple pics of the HT setup

Took a few pics of my setup. Consists of a Samsung 50" 720p DLP, Scientific Atlanta HD DVR box, Xbox360, and Panny SD DVD player.

HT is the Fluance SX-HTB system, and an Onkyo 505 receiver.

Considering I paid next to nothing for the audio components (had over $300 in Amazon gift cards, paid about $150 out of pocket for the speakers+receiver), it sounds pretty good with minimal tuning.

Only thing left is to add a sub, which I'll be doing this summer.

Right rear

Left rear

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Couple pics of the HT setup

And the pink/red heart robe in the first picture is mine. When I'm not wearing my blue leather jacket w/ flowing white streamers, I like to relax in my soft cotton pink/red robe.

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Couple pics of the HT setup

Looks nice. Own your own house? Time to go IB with some DJ amps and a couple thousand watts. We made a room in the basement and I have 2 MJ18's, gonna get 2 more some time. Then its time for a manifold.

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Home AUDIO system.(pics and vids)

like said just cause you have speakers doesnt mean it is home theater. this is my audio system in my room.

keep in mind it is old equipment but the sound quality is as good as some receivers today. (is that better????)
    All my stuff is Realistic. now many of you may think this is a radioshack brand from back in the early 80's. true it was sold at radioshack, but it is the sister (or brother idk) company of the well known bran Fisher or Fischer. seen it spelled both ways.

Receiver = STA - 64B
    Big cabinets = Optimus 5-B
    Small cabinets= MC-1200

Here are some pics ill be getting videos shortly.
    Please excuse the messy room. havent cleaned in a while lol. doing that this weekend.

PLEASE COMMENT

reason the small cabinet on the left has a diff tweeter is cause when i was cleaning it i guess i pushed the paper cone in and ripped it so i replaced it with a kenwood tweet . sounds just as good.
    and the reason there is duct tape on the woofer on the small cabinet on the right is cause i tried replacing the woofers and the cutout was too big and i used duct tape to give it a tighter fit. (thats what she said)

all shall perish= laid to rest

a perfect circle= fiddle and the drum

Fear Factory- edgecrusher
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...t=MOV00067.flv
    Ludacris- Blue berry yum yum
    Last edited by silvercookie; 04-18-2008 at 11:45 PM.

Refs : nismos14, Slammed x3, Team H&K, RetroAudioInc, 2002XLT, tc3k101, Fusion_Freak, IAmMurph, louisiana_crx, fast85_gt, Ridnclean x3,
    woofercooker, lil_italy773 x2, 1mtx1, flipx99, MSW Danny, the_greatest_penn, jco1385, walksup, darkhunter139, TurdFurgeuson2, jmanpc, explorer2,
    Jep772, 86yota, fargof, brtnboarder3241, Pitbull12887, Spooney, Phers1er,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast