+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Post your home audio setups. Here is mine.

Fast1one is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Post your home audio setups. Here is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianChia View Post
    Your towers look nice except for that black crap above them.

Is that the Dayton rear mount neo? I'd like to do a line array with those some day.

I'm also currently running off laptop's DAC too, I feel your pain. And also---gasp---MP3's, plenty of them...
    You mean the Sony? Hehe I know, I wish my dad had asked me what to get/build before he bought that. Sounds horrid

The Dayton is actually front mount, with a 1.25 inch hole its simply press fit into place...http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=275-030

**** good tweeter for the price...

I have thousands of MP3s, this system really brought out the impurities, more so than the previous. I am going to start buying CDs and just converting them to FLAC or APE to play off my MP3 player (Cowon iaudio FTW) some songs are unbearable to listen too...Eventually I may make my own CD player and a DAC but I simply don't have the cash. Would rather upgrade the amp for now...

References: Lax916, AcidicDreams , Altima98 , mr Tibbs, Majette, giantgloworm, mattmcss, riogigalo, mysilver02alty, Woc47, Hintzyboy, oglejust, APitBullT, foreman, jhubbell, tmcilroy, pioneerpimp, Dre_ATL

Plus a ton more I never added, lol. If you are not on the list and you had a pleasant transaction with me, PM me!!!

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ballstothewall View Post
    They are maggies (Magnepan), and yes they are the speakers.

Biggest downside of them is they aren't very efficient and lack in the low end dept.
    Because there is no low end department, much like all e-stats, planars and ribbons.

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fast1one View Post
    You mean the Sony? Hehe I know, I wish my dad had asked me what to get/build before he bought that. Sounds horrid

The Dayton is actually front mount, with a 1.25 inch hole its simply press fit into place...http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=275-030

**** good tweeter for the price...

I have thousands of MP3s, this system really brought out the impurities, more so than the previous. I am going to start buying CDs and just converting them to FLAC or APE to play off my MP3 player (Cowon iaudio FTW) some songs are unbearable to listen too...Eventually I may make my own CD player and a DAC but I simply don't have the cash. Would rather upgrade the amp for now...
    Don't gotta tell me bout that lil guy. I've used probably 20-25 of them in various projects (including it's derivations in rear mount and 5/8" pressfit).

Fast1one is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    Don't gotta tell me bout that lil guy. I've used probably 20-25 of them in various projects (including it's derivations in rear mount and 5/8" pressfit).
    Yup I have seen your applications, they are no brainers...

Nice quote in sig BTW, one of my favorite engineering quotes

References: Lax916, AcidicDreams , Altima98 , mr Tibbs, Majette, giantgloworm, mattmcss, riogigalo, mysilver02alty, Woc47, Hintzyboy, oglejust, APitBullT, foreman, jhubbell, tmcilroy, pioneerpimp, Dre_ATL

Plus a ton more I never added, lol. If you are not on the list and you had a pleasant transaction with me, PM me!!!

the727kid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is my bedroom for now... wiring is a disaster and still got a lil things to do. All will be cleaned up and new recier when towers are built (I'm a DIY guy).

Made my wall bracket for the TV.. drove me nuts how the ones you buy stick the tv off the wall like 4"

Alarm: Viper 5902
    HU: Stock
    Front Stage:
    Tweeters: Image Dynamics CD1-Pro Mini Horns
    Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8"
    Subs: (2) 15" Dayton HF ran IB
    Amps: (2) Kicker IX 500.4 (1) Kicker IX 1000.1
    Processor: JBL MS-8

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I loath that cable box...

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joetama View Post
    I loath that cable box...
    Can you explain?

I have the same one and was just wondering if it was the same reasons I had.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    Can you explain?

I have the same one and was just wondering if it was the same reasons I had.
    1. Takes about 20 minutes to power on (no joke).

2. Sometimes when I record shows in HD, the audio skips and cuts in and out. Usually it is just an occasional annoyance. BUT, once in a while it is so annoying it ruins the show. Usually happens when I have recorded House or something of the like that I really want to watch.

3. About once a week I have to power it on and off (unplug no just power button) or it will say that I don't have access to channels.

4. It get HOT!!! I had my Vinyl above it but had to move the Records because I didn't want them to warp.

5. Random problems. Such as, PVR not working, pause being "unavailible", random audio problems, randomly changing my selected output from 1080i to 480i, just various other things.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. Takes about 20 minutes to power on (no joke).

2. Sometimes when I record shows in HD, the audio skips and cuts in and out. Usually it is just an occasional annoyance. BUT, once in a while it is so annoying it ruins the show. Usually happens when I have recorded House or something of the like that I really want to watch.

3. About once a week I have to power it on and off (unplug no just power button) or it will say that I don't have access to channels.

4. It get HOT!!! I had my Vinyl above it but had to move the Records because I didn't want them to warp.

5. Random problems. Such as, PVR not working, pause being "unavailible", random audio problems, randomly changing my selected output from 1080i to 480i, just various other things.

Wow, have you thought about sending it back to get another one? I haven't had any of those problems what so ever and have had it over 6 months now. Have two of them matter of fact with no problems as of now. The one I had problems with keep shutting on and off, but was just a bad box, so called them up, they came in and tried a couple different things and said the box is bad and put in new one and viola! No more problems.

Also you know you just have to hold the button in to reboot it. Can even do it from your remote IIRC.

10. 01-18-2008

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, have you thought about sending it back to get another one? I haven't had any of those problems what so ever and have had it over 6 months now. Have two of them matter of fact with no problems as of now. The one I had problems with keep shutting on and off, but was just a bad box, so called them up, they came in and tried a couple different things and said the box is bad and put in new one and viola! No more problems.

Also you know you just have to hold the button in to reboot it. Can even do it from your remote IIRC.
    I called once, and the lady had me reboot, and she told me that they all take that long to power on and off.

NG has the same box as me and his takes forever to power on too.

SO, who know...

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's the stupid OCAP bullshit...

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I called once, and the lady had me reboot, and she told me that they all take that long to power on and off.

NG has the same box as me and his takes forever to power on too.

SO, who know...
    I take that back, I thought you were talking about rebooting. Powering completly off and then back on I have never had to do. I have only had to reboot mine from time to time.

Must just be a luck of the draw or something. Cause I had a bad box and they replaced it and I haven't had any problems with mine in quite sometime.

I do have a question though. Can someone explain to me why 2 out of 4 of my HD movie channels get all distorted like when a fast action scene happens? Happens on one showtime and 1 HBO HD channel, but not on the others or any other HD tier I have. Find that strange. Could that be something with the box? Cause it don't do it on my Sony, just my Westinghouse, but all the other channels are fine. So I doubt it would be the TV. Any ideas?

luvinthebass is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I take that back, I thought you were talking about rebooting. Powering completly off and then back on I have never had to do. I have only had to reboot mine from time to time.

Must just be a luck of the draw or something. Cause I had a bad box and they replaced it and I haven't had any problems with mine in quite sometime.

I do have a question though. Can someone explain to me why 2 out of 4 of my HD movie channels get all distorted like when a fast action scene happens? Happens on one showtime and 1 HBO HD channel, but not on the others or any other HD tier I have. Find that strange. Could that be something with the box? Cause it don't do it on my Sony, just my Westinghouse, but all the other channels are fine. So I doubt it would be the TV. Any ideas?
    distortion, to high of setting maybe.

15. 02-04-2008

Banned

TJones, CPII is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i work for a custom home theater company and just wanted to share some of the work i have done.

Before
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2361/...36f2c44a_m.jpg

One of the Racks at about 90% finished

After
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2044/...a624e8a2_m.jpg

I will post more photos tomorrow of other projects.
    Last edited by TJones, CPII; 02-13-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bigger photos please

Quote Originally Posted by Second Skin Rep View Post

so in closing...
    Don't punch babies..

ANT
    www.secondskinaudio.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast