+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Post your home audio setups. Here is mine.

Beat_Dominator is offline Yea, thats Mecha Godzilla

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Post your home audio setups. Here is mine.

I just got mine plugged in the other day so I'll snap a pic...

Comming Spring 2009

I make rear-loaded, double crabshell, isobaric enclosures.

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ppl need to post more stuff up here..... I want too see more system pictures....

IamDeMan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brandontw

Line Arrays(not sanded and paited yet): 16 Pioneer NSB's per tower, 1 Tang Band textile tweeter
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1500a
    Reciever: Harmon Kardon HK3470
    Sub: Dayton Sub 120 (12" powered)-Im poor but it works pretty good
    Man I can't wait to get mine done. Those look nice. How is the sound? Loud?

brandontw is offline just some guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IamDeMan
    How is the sound? Loud?
    yes LOUD, but they sound smooth and clear too, now i have them hooked up to the TV, and i watch just regular TV with them on, at low volumes. The voices dont suffer, as with alot of Speakers when you listen to TV through them, even with the one tweet, they are clear at low volumes, and Still uber clear at LOUD volumes

Best ~200$ ive ever spent

Quote Originally Posted by IamDeMan
    Those look nice.
    not really, i still have to finish them

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B&W_EE
    Ppl need to post more stuff up here..... I want too see more system pictures....
    Yeppers I agree on that one!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory
    Yeppers I agree on that one!
    I put my stuff up there everyone else can too lol....

Pyro_By_Nature is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, seeing as I had my balls snipped off by the woman last time I was allowed to spend freely on a HT set-up (can you say denon and kef anyone.....she didn't like the receipt that I should have destroyed). I haven't done a "proper" set-up in the living room.I blew my chance with picking out what I want Still trying to talk to her into a nice set-up for the living room, but she just wants "cute" little speakers from a "HT in a box" set-up.

So, currently in this "office/misc. crap/sometimes guest" room I have an ok little set-up.To be honest with you guys, this has become more of a den, we end up watching the movies thatr you can't bare without half decent sound in here.Which happens to be a lot.Throw a 62" TV in here and we'll never ****in' watch a movie in the living room again.Now, it doesn't sound like much in writing, but surprisingly it sounds pretty good and can easily get the cops called on you (3 times and counting)

KLH RS5000 receiver, only running in stereo
    1 pair Yamaha book shelfs
    1 pairOld school Jensen (back when they were decent) 3 way floor speakers
    Little 80-100 watt amp for the subs
    2 8" Rockford Fosgate punch Z's in a Wicked One (corner loaded)

Go ahead and bash it.I don't care, does good enough for me I know it doesn't sound that appealing, but a lot better than a good amount of car set-ups people spend 4x as much on.I don't listen to a ****ing symphony all day, so $2000 on a single amp is pointless to me.Classic rock/older metal actually sound decent on this.And I like it fairly loud, so it works out fine.The wicked one is **** efficent.I love it.I intend on adding more power and more speakers.I have a spare RS5100 out in the shop.Looks identical, soon I'll have twins.I'll post some pics in a min.I just took these pics, I'll get a few "from a far" shots tomorrow after I clean it up a little.And this weekend I was going to properly cover the wicked one.

Receiver, few years old.Hasn't ever given me ****, even being run at 4ohm stereo.

Best shot I took of everything.Forgot to include the second controller on the PS2, sorry. Digital cable in all the rooms, wasn't much extra at all, so I said **** it.

The yamahas.No idea on model number.Got these NIB a while ago when I still lived in Utah.Clear, no "someone is holding a pillow in front of the mid" sound here.Snappy, semi-detailed.Good enough for now.

Old, but still kickin' and loud enough......for now.The black thing under that particular one is the wicked one housing the 8's.

Just thought I'd throw this old pic in of one of the 8's in the WO.You've seen one WO, you've seen em' all.
    Last edited by Pyro_By_Nature; 05-04-2006 at 06:29 AM.

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. - Bob Marley
    2005 Subaru WRX
    1990 Honda CRX Si

Refs.: NHustlar, t00p, Kenny Pollock, vitveet, defj., mendon99, trevor87, saltyreefguy, willster, Iammurph, Dimensions684, kungfoojesus, karleon, bonestock, highhorsepwr, digital_ripper04, scottie johnson, stevew007, slammed, joshs98runner, PBateman, Sakura, duece212, mtx11, dirtye30, queball, audioarsonal, KHARPS. Not including box designs.

Eldorado is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No pics ?
    booo !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's pics

Not the best, but it works for what we need it for.Does its job just fine.And I don't get *****ed at about the cost, because it's all leftovers from previous little set-ups.

I don't understand.She'll wear a $725 ring, a $800 ring, a $400 necklace, $900 bracelet, $150 shoes, but I'M the one that gets *****ed at for spending just under a grand on a receiver that actually does something.Women....love em' though.

Next time, she's not seeing any receipts.

2005 Subaru WRX
    1990 Honda CRX Si

Refs.: NHustlar, t00p, Kenny Pollock, vitveet, defj., mendon99, trevor87, saltyreefguy, willster, Iammurph, Dimensions684, kungfoojesus, karleon, bonestock, highhorsepwr, digital_ripper04, scottie johnson, stevew007, slammed, joshs98runner, PBateman, Sakura, duece212, mtx11, dirtye30, queball, audioarsonal, KHARPS. Not including box designs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get B&W because women always think their speakers look cute, especially the 800 series

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VHS, nice
    Looks like a good " git er done" system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know which is worse VHS or APEX

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer Man
    Well, seeing as I had my balls snipped off by the woman last time I was allowed to spend freely on a HT set-up (can you say denon and kef anyone.....she didn't like the receipt that I should have destroyed). I haven't done a "proper" set-up in the living room.I blew my chance with picking out what I want Still trying to talk to her into a nice set-up for the living room, but she just wants "cute" little speakers from a "HT in a box" set-up.

So, currently in this "office/misc. crap/sometimes guest" room I have an ok little set-up.To be honest with you guys, this has become more of a den, we end up watching the movies thatr you can't bare without half decent sound in here.Which happens to be a lot.Throw a 62" TV in here and we'll never ****in' watch a movie in the living room again.Now, it doesn't sound like much in writing, but surprisingly it sounds pretty good and can easily get the cops called on you (3 times and counting)

KLH RS5000 receiver, only running in stereo
    1 pair Yamaha book shelfs
    1 pairOld school Jensen (back when they were decent) 3 way floor speakers
    Little 80-100 watt amp for the subs
    2 8" Rockford Fosgate punch Z's in a Wicked One (corner loaded)

Go ahead and bash it.I don't care, does good enough for me I know it doesn't sound that appealing, but a lot better than a good amount of car set-ups people spend 4x as much on.I don't listen to a ****ing symphony all day, so $2000 on a single amp is pointless to me.Classic rock/older metal actually sound decent on this.And I like it fairly loud, so it works out fine.The wicked one is **** efficent.I love it.I intend on adding more power and more speakers.I have a spare RS5100 out in the shop.Looks identical, soon I'll have twins.I'll post some pics in a min.I just took these pics, I'll get a few "from a far" shots tomorrow after I clean it up a little.And this weekend I was going to properly cover the wicked one.

Receiver, few years old.Hasn't ever given me ****, even being run at 4ohm stereo.

Best shot I took of everything.Forgot to include the second controller on the PS2, sorry. Digital cable in all the rooms, wasn't much extra at all, so I said **** it.

The yamahas.No idea on model number.Got these NIB a while ago when I still lived in Utah.Clear, no "someone is holding a pillow in front of the mid" sound here.Snappy, semi-detailed.Good enough for now.

Old, but still kickin' and loud enough......for now.The black thing under that particular one is the wicked one housing the 8's.

Just thought I'd throw this old pic in of one of the 8's in the WO.You've seen one WO, you've seen em' all.

I think it looks cool man. Nothing wrong with what your sporting. Plus all that matters is how you like it. Keep it up.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks.

And I have some nice plans for the living room, using yamaha and dayton stuff mostly, just have to get "permission" for it lol.I'm just waiting for her to go on vacation by herself so my son and I can just stay here and build build build.When she gets home "oh that, we won that"

2005 Subaru WRX
    1990 Honda CRX Si

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol...
    I hope you win some good stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast