Reload Thread: Dayton 120$ home sub----status--- recieved

brandontw is offline just some guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dayton 120$ home sub----status--- recieved

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-635
    I went ahead and purchased one of these about a month ago while they were on sale for 120, they were also backordered at the time, so I didn’t get it until just today. Upon opening the sub, I was a little disappointed in the build quality, the feet are cheap, and one doesn’t quite attach properly. The grill is a little crooked, and the plugs that hold it to the cabinet are generally messed up. This got my hopes down a little, but it was really cheap, so what can you expect?

Upon inspecting the back, I was kind of impressed with the little 150w amp that it comes with, it has fairly nice controls, more options than usual, and seems to be of fairly high quality. The sub is pretty big, and looks fairly nice once you get it situated, very plain and unobtrusive, but still looks professional.

On to the operation of the unit, it installed in a breeze, and turned on with no troubles. I put on some light music for a while to break it in just a bit, then went ahead and tested it out. The sub turns on and off silently, so you don’t have those annoying thuds. I don’t have many home theatre subs to compare it to, my dad has a wharfdale 12” down firing model, somewhere around 150w, so this is the closest thing that I have to compare it to. I have also heard numerous computer speaker system subs and Bose subs (yes I class those with computer subs)... I hate em so bad. And we also have a cheap Phillips home theatre system in our apartment that has some sort of bass tube technology(not that great)

But anyway, I’m gonna be honest, I think this is the best 120 dollars you can spend for home audio. If you look at any other sub in this price range they aren’t even worth considering, and the components in this thing seem to be worth the money…

This thing sounds pretty dang good. The knobs make it easy to blend the sub with the rest of your system, and it has quite a kick to it. I eventuality put on some “throw it up” by little john, and it was shaking the whole house with ease, I think I still haven’t used it to its full potential. It sounds pretty awkward on the higher notes in its range, but that’s what the crossover knob is for...once I got its range adjusted properly, it really impressed me. It has much more authority that my dad’s warfdale sub. It is a little sloppier than a really high quality home sub, but for the money, I couldn’t even build something this good, unless I found my driver and amp on the side of the road somewhere. I was really worried it wouldn’t have enough kick to it, because my dads was like 500$ and his isn’t loud enough by any means, I think mine blows his out of the water in output, probably not sound quality though. The low notes are low and it sounds clean and powerful, and the bass isn’t just loud ghetto bass, you can’t tell where its coming from, just like it should be. I’m not sure what more you could hope for a 120$ sub, it is 150 now, but still well worth the money I believe.

joetama is offline The British Ear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dayton 120$ home sub----status--- recieved

Congrats, good luck, and for $120 if it gets the job then you got a winner....

Dante is offline Inferno = World

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow!! great price!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

after listenning for a few more days, i found out that it does have it limits, but 120..still an awsome deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They all have limits even the 1200 subs.....

adio is offline THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did you plug 1 of the ports to see how it sounded?

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adio
    did you plug 1 of the ports to see how it sounded?
    nope it not top on my priority list righ now...

adio is offline THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brandontw
    nope it not top on my priority list righ now...
    i hate you brandon

love,
    adio

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL nice....

Closed Thread