Closed Thread

Reload Thread: do your MP3s skip?

noob with an RS is offline i poop on you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do your MP3s skip?

hey i have an alpine 7995 that plays MP3 discs. i currently am using a spool of memorex CD-Recordables that are black on the bottom. when i burn mp3 discs they seem to work ok at first. but soon.. REAL SOON.. after mild scratches from placing the discs in and out of my CD visor the CDs seem to skip. at first they tend to skip on the first tracks.. i dont know how many files or folders but it seems the first few folders skip and the rest dont.. basically it seems the more F'd up an MP3 disc is the more it skips throughout the CD.. for example, a barely scratched CD will skip when playing files from the first folder. a more scratched CD will skip when playing files from the FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD and so on.. does it have something to do with the fact that burners burn data on the CD's starting from the inside to the out? i don't know but i thought i could expect better mp3 playback from alpine.. has anyone had ANY similar problems? could it be i bought my alpine used??? the dude only used it for 6 months or so.. i bought it about two years back and JUST put in about last month.or maybe its the kind of CD-Rs im using??

azazel is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: do your MP3s skip?

I've never had a skipping problem and my ride is rough as hell. I think MP3s are pretty easy for head units to buffer.

tropicaltornado is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have this portable mp3 player that does the same thing...maybe its becuase its a peice of crap

deadboi77 is offline DrunkManWalking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

myself i`m going to have to say its the blank cd`s themselves...i`ve had both good and bad batches of cd`s..some you could play 2-3 times and starting skipping but they wouldnt skip in the beginning of the cd more towards the middle..it was a bundle of memorex cdr`s that did that then i bought another bundle i think they were sony and did have one problem at all abd both bundles are clear on the bottom and im very carefull with cd dvd ect ect from the case to listening playing ect ect right back to the case but thats just my person experience.

Breakfast well, for tonight we all dine in hell.- Leonidas 480 B.C.

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth had better be some brilliant f**kin' Mark Twain sh**, 'cause it's definitely gettin' chiselled on your tombstone.

noob with an RS is offline i poop on you

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deadboi77
    myself i`m going to have to say its the blank cd`s themselves...i`ve had both good and bad batches of cd`s..some you could play 2-3 times and starting skipping but they wouldnt skip in the beginning of the cd more towards the middle..it was a bundle of memorex cdr`s that did that then i bought another bundle i think they were sony and did have one problem at all abd both bundles are clear on the bottom and im very carefull with cd dvd ect ect from the case to listening playing ect ect right back to the case but thats just my person experience.
    thanks for your in-depth response.

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my alpine skips like a mo trucka with scratched cd's. out of the dozen or so decks that i have had (alpine & eclipse mainly) in the past couple years, the alpine that i have right now is the worst.

Closed Thread