Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Will the premier/pioneer Hu's work with my amp?

rizorith is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will the premier/pioneer Hu's work with my amp?

I have an old 5 channel Alpine amp, MRV-f353. I'm going to be upgrading my head unit and am most likely getting the pioneer 8600 or the premier 860 (with the 6.5v pre-outs)

I'm wondering if my amp can handle the increased voltage and if it will really make much of a difference in sound quality with such a middle of the road amp.

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Will the premier/pioneer Hu's work with my amp?

i went from a 6 volt premier 750 to a 4 volt pioneer 8600 and saw no difference at all. just go with the 8600 since it's cheaper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone
    i went from a 6 volt premier 750 to a 4 volt pioneer 8600 and saw no difference at all. just go with the 8600 since it's cheaper
    Don't listen to him. Spring the extra couple, and get the better Hu. (premier) High volt pre-outs do make a diff. Get a newer amp to tell the diff. they don't make hi volt for nothing, less distortion. Just get the 860mp for $275- $300, on ebay, with warrenty. Or for $50 more get the 960mp like me. For $350 its the best value deck ever. A couple years ago I bought a $700 alpine that has nothing on the 860 or 960. But thats just my opinion. Happy hunting!

"Finaly after wasting all my time and money on those stupid get-rich quick schemes, I'm really gonna get rich of this scheme; and quick.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Fate
    Don't listen to him. Spring the extra couple, and get the better Hu. (premier) High volt pre-outs do make a diff. Get a newer amp to tell the diff. they don't make hi volt for nothing, less distortion. Just get the 860mp for $275- $300, on ebay, with warrenty. Or for $50 more get the 960mp like me. For $350 its the best value deck ever. A couple years ago I bought a $700 alpine that has nothing on the 860 or 960. But thats just my opinion. Happy hunting!
    So the higher pre-outs won't make a difference with my amp? I'm not planning on replacing my amp unless it's going to make a big difference. I don't really want to spend the $$$.

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rizorith
    So the higher pre-outs won't make a difference with my amp? I'm not planning on replacing my amp unless it's going to make a big difference. I don't really want to spend the $$$.

there really is no difference. especially between 4 volt and 6 volt. it just means that on 6 volt you won't have to turn your gain quite as high as on a 4 volt. i have used both 6 volt and 4 volt on the same amp with same speakers and there was absolutely no difference. if you sent your gains correctly there should be no difference between the 2.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone
    there really is no difference. especially between 4 volt and 6 volt. it just means that on 6 volt you won't have to turn your gain quite as high as on a 4 volt. i have used both 6 volt and 4 volt on the same amp with same speakers and there was absolutely no difference. if you sent your gains correctly there should be no difference between the 2.
    OK then I have a better question... will the premier (with 6.5v) work with my amp? It's a 5 year old alpine 5 channel amp MRV-F353. I've been told that some amps can't take the higher voltage input but I don't know how to tell if mine is one of them.

On ebay the pioneer 860 is actually cheaper (still don't know why) than the 8600 so I may as well get it even if the extra voltage doesn't help. I just want to make sure it won't hurt it or be incompatible with my amp.

Closed Thread