Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine 9830 skipping cds

IshbOO is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine 9830 skipping cds

I just got my brand new Alpine 9830 installed into my yukon. I have Burned about 4-5 cds and they all seem to skip, Some songs dont play either. The brand name of the blank cd is called "Imation". They seemed to play alright in my friends Panasonic, and in my portable player, althought i noticed skipping in my home stereo, but not as much. So it's either my cds or my cd player. Anyone know why they would be skipping, they were brand new, I burnt them and brought them directly to my car, no scratches what so ever. Im bought my headunit from Crutchfield, i had it at my house for a while, and they only have a 30 day return policy, anyone know some way to fix this?

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine 9830 skipping cds

try a different way of burning. i play some older cds in my 9831 and some songs will skip. the only difference between these cd's is the way i burned them. i used to just put them in nero and burn or copy from the cd straight to cd. now i use EAC (exact audio copy, search for it) decompress the mp3's to wavs then use nero to burn the files. this prevents nero from using its own decompression engine which can cause clicks and pops on cd, as well as skipping(skipping part is my opinion since that whats seems to cause it). if you got a cd from a friend, do the same thing except rip with EAC to .wav files, then use nero to burn them again. should help, i know it does with mine.

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

IshbOO is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i used nero to burn 4 of my cds, then used realplayer to burn one, the one from realplayer seemed to not at first, but soon enough it did. But ill try making them .wav i guess first thanks for the tip

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

let me know if it helps man. i used nero before too and some of those cds will skip, but just give exact audio copy a chance, and THEN burn with nero and tell us if it helps out.

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Closed Thread