Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7913 Post(s)

Re: Best budget headunit under 150

Quote Originally Posted by youdoofus View Post
    ikr? his sig says 2 taramps 15k's. When i was a sound guy for live bands, the biggest rig i ran was right at 30k watts, but that was on 220v and SEVERAL crown and QSC amps to EV hi-pacs(six sets of dual 15"s and 2" compression horns) and 6 dual 18 compression wedge sub boxes. Ran that rig for about 5 years. Crazy to think that a person has that much power running just the subs in a Sienna
    those have much more powerful power supplies along with a direct wall AC connection for unlimited power. My van's current capabilities is around 6k watts ish. I literally only have half the electrical needed to run my gear properly. my AGMs are dying, low resting voltage, one is already dead and out etc... Overall electrical needs a serious complete overhaul. Not to mention there's zero engine space for any more alts. So literally i never even got close to the full potential of this setup due to electrical. Sadly i'm not spending any money on anything car audio related in awhile other than that dayton dsp.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1031 Post(s)

Re: Best budget headunit under 150

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    those have much more powerful power supplies along with a direct wall AC connection for unlimited power. My van's current capabilities is around 6k watts ish. I literally only have half the electrical needed to run my gear properly. my AGMs are dying, low resting voltage, one is already dead and out etc... Overall electrical needs a serious complete overhaul. Not to mention there's zero engine space for any more alts. So literally i never even got close to the full potential of this setup due to electrical. Sadly i'm not spending any money on anything car audio related in awhile other than that dayton dsp.
    gotcha. and yes, those crowns and QSC's were right at clipping for the last third of all the shows on those EV cabs. Theyd seriously pump

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-2300NEX
    2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff
    Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters
    Rear speakers: stock
    I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2