Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Building out system for a new car

I have been of stereos for a while. Everything I have been driving for the last few years has had a decent factory system. I just moved to a 2006 Trailblazer SS and it has a really crappy Bose cd changer with no aux in or BT. 99% of the time, I listen to Pandora and use Google maps.

I was looking on Amazon and came across some of the Android head units by either Pumpkin or Henhaoro that look fairly decent. They have a good feature set, pre-amp outs and some of them even have a slot for a sim card, eliminating the need for any tethering.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

If I go with one of these, I do not intend to keep the Bose amp or speakers. I really don't care about Onstar. What adapter do I really need? All of them that I have seen are to keep those 2 items and cost around $100. I would like to keep steering wheel controls if possible.

bcdudley is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Building out system for a new car

No responses, hmm. Well, I went ahead and 2 head units. I will take back whichever one I don't like. I bought a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX and a Pumpkin Android 7.1. The Pioneer was significantly more, however the Android has a much better feature set. I am also thinking I can have a program on it that will text me gps coordinates either when it starts up or at regular intervals. At the very least, Google maps can track it's location. I will get them installed this weekend and see what I like better.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

So I got the Android head unit installed and it is awesome. This thing has more features than any head unit I have ever seen. The sound, even with the Bose amp and speakers is 10x better. I took the Pioneer back because I just didn't think it would be able to compete.

I did use the PAC wiring harness and it was pretty easy. I soldered and heat shrinked all the connections. I don't have the steering wheel controls hooked up yet, but plan to next weekend.

youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1049 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcdudley View Post
    So I got the Android head unit installed and it is awesome. This thing has more features than any head unit I have ever seen. The sound, even with the Bose amp and speakers is 10x better. I took the Pioneer back because I just didn't think it would be able to compete.

I did use the PAC wiring harness and it was pretty easy. I soldered and heat shrinked all the connections. I don't have the steering wheel controls hooked up yet, but plan to next weekend.
    you going to add subs and stuff at all?

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-2300NEX
    2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff
    Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters
    Rear speakers: stock
    I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yes. I am planning on replacing all the speakers, adding a sub and putting in a couple amps. Nothing to extreme, just a good sounding system.

Jcsaudio is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

So which android unit did you actually get? Can you provide a link?

2014 Sienna 2-way active SQ system. SB Acoustics SB29RDCN Tweeters. Focal PS165V mid woofers. Pioneer D9500F 75 watts RMS x 4. Pioneer BHS 5800 HU. AudioControl EQX. 10 Alpine SWS sub in custom ported box tuned to 35 hz on JBL GTX 500.
    2014 F-150 XL WT 2-way active budget SQ system. Tang Band 25-302SH 1" tweeters. Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers. Pioneer D8604. JBL Club 5501. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP & FIX 86. Sundown SD3 10 sub ported/ 33Hz 1 cube.
    2014 CX5 3-way active SQ system. Pioneer 1330 NIX HU. Dayton AMT tweeters. Celestion AN2775 2-3/4 midrange. NVX XSP65 mid woofers. Pioneer PRS D4200F 75 WPC x 4. Infinity K1000. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP. Sundown SA 12 2 cube/33Hz.

+ Reply to Thread