Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Building out system for a new car

I have been of stereos for a while. Everything I have been driving for the last few years has had a decent factory system. I just moved to a 2006 Trailblazer SS and it has a really crappy Bose cd changer with no aux in or BT. 99% of the time, I listen to Pandora and use Google maps.

I was looking on Amazon and came across some of the Android head units by either Pumpkin or Henhaoro that look fairly decent. They have a good feature set, pre-amp outs and some of them even have a slot for a sim card, eliminating the need for any tethering.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

If I go with one of these, I do not intend to keep the Bose amp or speakers. I really don't care about Onstar. What adapter do I really need? All of them that I have seen are to keep those 2 items and cost around $100. I would like to keep steering wheel controls if possible.

bcdudley is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Building out system for a new car

No responses, hmm. Well, I went ahead and 2 head units. I will take back whichever one I don't like. I bought a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX and a Pumpkin Android 7.1. The Pioneer was significantly more, however the Android has a much better feature set. I am also thinking I can have a program on it that will text me gps coordinates either when it starts up or at regular intervals. At the very least, Google maps can track it's location. I will get them installed this weekend and see what I like better.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

So I got the Android head unit installed and it is awesome. This thing has more features than any head unit I have ever seen. The sound, even with the Bose amp and speakers is 10x better. I took the Pioneer back because I just didn't think it would be able to compete.

I did use the PAC wiring harness and it was pretty easy. I soldered and heat shrinked all the connections. I don't have the steering wheel controls hooked up yet, but plan to next weekend.

youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcdudley View Post
    So I got the Android head unit installed and it is awesome. This thing has more features than any head unit I have ever seen. The sound, even with the Bose amp and speakers is 10x better. I took the Pioneer back because I just didn't think it would be able to compete.

I did use the PAC wiring harness and it was pretty easy. I soldered and heat shrinked all the connections. I don't have the steering wheel controls hooked up yet, but plan to next weekend.
    you going to add subs and stuff at all?

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-X4500bt (takes about a year to start playing music on the USB input)
    PPI PC275 running 1 sub atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yes. I am planning on replacing all the speakers, adding a sub and putting in a couple amps. Nothing to extreme, just a good sounding system.

Jcsaudio is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

So which android unit did you actually get? Can you provide a link?

2014 Sienna 2-way active SQ system. SB Acoustics SB29RDCN Tweeters. Focal PS165V mid woofers. Pioneer D9500F 75 watts RMS x 4. Pioneer BHS 5800 HU. AudioControl EQX. 10 Alpine SWS sub in custom ported box tuned to 35 hz on 400 watts RMS Alpine MRP 450.
    2014 F-150 XL work truck 2-way active budget SQ system. Tang Band 25-302SH 1" tweeters. Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers. Alpine 40 WPC x 4. NVX micro sub amp 200 WPC. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP & FIX 86. JL Audio Microsub 8W3V3-4
    2014 CX5 3-way active SQ system. Pioneer 1330 NIX HU. Focal PS165V tweeters. Celestion AN2775 2-3/4 midrange. NVX XSP65 mid woofers. Pioneer PRS D4200F 75 WPC x 4. JBL GTX 500. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP. Alpine 12 SWS sealed.

+ Reply to Thread