Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Icon32 Pioneer time alignment

It was my first time messing with it but the readout was in inches so I assume the distance between me and the speaker, If I understand right most people just measure and enter in the number? Does it really sound that much better? I played around with it but it still made the driver front way too loud.

Popwarhomie is online now Team Lethal Pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2104 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer time alignment

I used auto time alignment with my 2 80prs headunits and really liked the difference.

2016 Focus ST - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / TangBand 1" tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring /
    2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz
    Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /
    https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    I have no idea what i'm talking about.

BOOMINGRANDPA is offline NOT TO OLD TO BASS

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1626 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
    It was my first time messing with it but the readout was in inches so I assume the distance between me and the speaker, If I understand right most people just measure and enter in the number? Does it really sound that much better? I played around with it but it still made the driver front way too loud.
    if u turn it up it doesn't go to ft?, my kenwood does..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, custom 2.11 cf ad ported tuned @ 36hz 30.375 port area, soundqubed 6.5" coax xover (hu), AGM starting batt... FU 750 destroying my spoiler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeeCIZJpUs pioneer 3003 videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g
    boomintahoe gets on me for spelling lol..
    Tyou n ever xhappyx...i have bmy 15's rockin tho...@ 1 ohm htoo.

jar1zx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

I've ran 3-4 flagship pioneers and I didn't like the sound of the auto TA.

Think this 8500 has it.........but can't remember if I used auto ta on this deck. If i can find mic I may give it a go.

08 ext cab z71
    Hu pioneer avh-8500
    Mechman 320
    For now 2 dd 6.5 redline subs with dd 1000+4/90

Sguirrelfeather is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

I have the AVH-490 and it stays in inches the whole way through. You have to be careful and follow the directions, then tweak a little more. I don't know why, but if you go in the wrong order it will attempt to adjust the volume on the speakers as you change the time, but when it does that it does it in the wrong direction. I honestly can't remember the order which eventually worked perfect for me, but what I did in the interim was set distance and then immediately changed all of the individual speaker adjustments to zero so I could begin working on that aspect as well.

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6852 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
    Measure the Inches from the driver to your ear. Thats only the first step. Before doing that, make sure your right and left RCAs are correct, some people mess up and their left and right sides are switched.

After you enter the initial inches, Mute the sub and tweeter, then work on the midrange. You can choose either the left or right side values, you just need to subtact or add and actually see how the sound stage shifts left or right, to do this, you'll want a centered vocal track, for example, echosmith- bright. When you hear the vocals directly dead center right under the rear view mirror thats when your time alignment is centered and proper. Now turn off the mids and do the same thing with the tweeters.

Make sure your speaker level values are zeroed out. Sometimes when you initially set the listening position to front left, pioneer has wierd @ss speaker level values that attenuate the right side.

Auto time alignment and EQ is complete trash lol totally off center and the auto EQ fks with everything and will clip the sh*t out of your setup.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

MikeCL is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    Measure the Inches from the driver to your ear. Thats only the first step. Before doing that, make sure your right and left RCAs are correct, some people mess up and their left and right sides are switched.

After you enter the initial inches, Mute the sub and tweeter, then work on the midrange. You can choose either the left or right side values, you just need to subtact or add and actually see how the sound stage shifts left or right, to do this, you'll want a centered vocal track, for example, echosmith- bright. When you hear the vocals directly dead center right under the rear view mirror thats when your time alignment is centered and proper. Now turn off the mids and do the same thing with the tweeters.

Make sure your speaker level values are zeroed out. Sometimes when you initially set the listening position to front left, pioneer has wierd @ss speaker level values that attenuate the right side.

Auto time alignment and EQ is complete trash lol totally off center and the auto EQ fks with everything and will clip the sh*t out of your setup.
    Yeah man that's what I did when I set it to front left it was like WOW all I hear is all of the right side.. but I will measure and see I assume after all that it would still need some light tweaking?

+ Reply to Thread