Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Pioneer avh-8500 bluetooth problem

i have the pioneer avh8500 double din and a galaxy s4. everywhere i read online says the unit will allow android control of pandora over bluetooth through the pandora app, not just bluetooth audio but i cant get mine to work. my pandora app is greyed out and not even selectable. anyone else have issues with this or know a solution?

anyone around nashville who needs an install done pm me

REFERENCES:
    smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

mattyb425 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer avh-8500 bluetooth problem

Quote Originally Posted by jeepintn View Post
    i have the pioneer avh8500 double din and a galaxy s4. everywhere i read online says the unit will allow android control of pandora over bluetooth through the pandora app, not just bluetooth audio but i cant get mine to work. my pandora app is greyed out and not even selectable. anyone else have issues with this or know a solution?
    I have the avh5500 and an s3, its pretty screwy on mine as well which is why I now strictly use my ipod. But have you tried opening Pandora first on your phone, then changing the deck source to Pandora? your phone screen should show a blue pioneer screen with arrows indicating data transfer on the bottom. If that doesn't work, I would contact pioneer because I have seen a lot of people on message boards having similar problems. They also have major issues with the Pioneer connect app... Basically, they did the bare minimum in connectivity in order to brand themselves as android compatible. that's a shame too because that's the main reason I went with the pioneer deck. But it does work perfect with the ipod 4th gen.

jeepintn is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer avh-8500 bluetooth problem

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb425 View Post
    I have the avh5500 and an s3, its pretty screwy on mine as well which is why I now strictly use my ipod. But have you tried opening Pandora first on your phone, then changing the deck source to Pandora? your phone screen should show a blue pioneer screen with arrows indicating data transfer on the bottom. If that doesn't work, I would contact pioneer because I have seen a lot of people on message boards having similar problems. They also have major issues with the Pioneer connect app... Basically, they did the bare minimum in connectivity in order to brand themselves as android compatible. that's a shame too because that's the main reason I went with the pioneer deck. But it does work perfect with the ipod 4th gen.
    thanks, i will try that. i did order the MHL adapter to hardconnect it to the HU, so if all else fails i will go that route. i just hate having to forego the luxury and ease of wireless

anyone around nashville who needs an install done pm me

REFERENCES:
    smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

+ Reply to Thread