+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Looking for touch screen satellite radio head unit, pretty ignorant on the subject

divineflame1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking for touch screen satellite radio head unit, pretty ignorant on the subject

I was kind of hoping to find a head unit that had a motorized touch screen, mp3 capability, and satellite radio to fit my 98 civic. My cap is somewhere around $300. Is this even practical? I've been looking around, but I'm having a hard time (the good ones seem to be like $600+). The few I've found that fit my criteria generally have poor reviews. On that note, is the motorized touch screen setup just frail?

Also (and this should speak to just how ignorant I am on the subject), do head units have any play on the sound quality?

pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: Looking for touch screen satellite radio head unit, pretty ignorant on the subjec

For sound quality, oh yea...there is a difference... do you want new or used?...do you want satellite built in or add on?
    Might want to try Pioneer..

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: Looking for touch screen satellite radio head unit, pretty ignorant on the subjec

I think the motorized ones are fine so long as you get a quality one. If your budget is 300 you may be better off going with a regular single din. I had a Clarion motorized touchscreen back in the day that I loved but it was like 600. The cheaper ones are just that, CHEAP.

divineflame1 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was definitely wanting new. I feel hesitant to buy something like this used. Feels like I'm asking for trouble. I also would prefer satellite built into it.
    I love my civic to death, but I was kind of hoping to find a way to improve my time on the interior a bit. I have an aftermarket head unit right now that I like a lot, but I want satellite radio in my car and thought this might be an opportunity to take advantage of (hence why I thought a motorized touch screen would be cool). At risk of just 'wanting it all,' though, I do care a lot about product quality and sound quality. lol
    Sounds like I might just want too much.

mylows10 is online now Cali DC PHD & Tantric rep

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)

most decks need a satellite add on ,especially in the $300 range new .the pioneer avhx 5500 bh is a good option

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divineflame1 View Post
    I was kind of hoping to find a head unit that had a motorized touch screen, mp3 capability, and satellite radio to fit my 98 civic. My cap is somewhere around $300. Is this even practical? I've been looking around, but I'm having a hard time (the good ones seem to be like $600+). The few I've found that fit my criteria generally have poor reviews. On that note, is the motorized touch screen setup just frail?

Also (and this should speak to just how ignorant I am on the subject), do head units have any play on the sound quality?
    SiriusXM Lynx

better off getting a radio and buying a separate sirius. so you can change radio whenever you want. You can take the radio also on the road with you if your not using your specific car. gives you much more flexibility. plus microsd ready to make it a mp3player. records songs off of sirius for replay (use this a lot). home dock (take it into the house/workshop/garage) use this while working on my cars.

the vehicle kits are 20 bucks. I have a dock in my 2 cars and my lady's car so i can take xm wherever and whatever im driving without multiple radio accounts

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

+ Reply to Thread