Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: Which one??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ashburn,VA
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Which one??

    Pioneer AVH-8500BHS or Kenwood - DDX790????? I will have components (dont know which ones), two amps, (Sundown 3500dv2, ?) two subs (x-12s prolly in a sealed box).







  2. #2
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    803 Post(s)

    Re: Which one??

    head unit either one

    are you asking for suggestion on components, 2 amps and subs?

    if you are post budgets




  3. #3
    trumpet's Avatar
    trumpet is online now Supporting Vendor trumpet is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    trumpet is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Thomas, ND
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1738 Post(s)

    Re: Which one??

    The Pioneer will give you an SD card slot and a more powerful equalizer. There are numerous other differences to the DDX790, but surely you can look for yourself. Crutchfield can help you compare both of these models.




    Rubyserv - Specializing in car audio system designs and sales for those seeking great sound.
    Authorized dealer for CDT Audio - Shop With Us Now.
    Zapco, Stinger, PAC Audio and Metra
    Rubyservsales
    Rubyserv

  4. #4
    bluephigomab's Avatar
    bluephigomab is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ashburn,VA
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    head unit either one

    are you asking for suggestion on components, 2 amps and subs?

    if you are post budgets

    I wasnt. However, if you could throw one or two my way that would be great. Thinking about using the sundown 125.4 for the components. Budget for Components are front (300-400) rear: (could do crescendo 6.5 components which are priced cheap)

    ---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
    The Pioneer will give you an SD card slot and a more powerful equalizer. There are numerous other differences to the DDX790, but surely you can look for yourself. Crutchfield can help you compare both of these models.

    Hmm.. ok.. I like both of them. Will I need a DSP with either one of them?




  5. #5
    trumpet's Avatar
    trumpet is online now Supporting Vendor trumpet is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    trumpet is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Thomas, ND
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1738 Post(s)

    Re: Which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by bluephigomab View Post
    I wasnt. However, if you could throw one or two my way that would be great. Thinking about using the sundown 125.4 for the components. Budget for Components are front (300-400) rear: (could do crescendo 6.5 components which are priced cheap)

    Hmm.. ok.. I like both of them. Will I need a DSP with either one of them?
    You don't need a DSP to run the system you're proposing. Depending on which one you get and how you tune it a DSP can radically improve the sound. A standard front, rear, sub system will run fine off either head unit.

    What vehicle do you have? Does it have a premium sound system?




    Rubyserv - Specializing in car audio system designs and sales for those seeking great sound.
    Authorized dealer for CDT Audio - Shop With Us Now.
    Zapco, Stinger, PAC Audio and Metra
    Rubyservsales
    Rubyserv

  6. #6
    bluephigomab's Avatar
    bluephigomab is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ashburn,VA
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
    You don't need a DSP to run the system you're proposing. Depending on which one you get and how you tune it a DSP can radically improve the sound. A standard front, rear, sub system will run fine off either head unit.

    What vehicle do you have? Does it have a premium sound system?

    I have a toyota venza with the 13 jbl speakers




  7. #7
    bluephigomab's Avatar
    bluephigomab is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ashburn,VA
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
    You don't need a DSP to run the system you're proposing. Depending on which one you get and how you tune it a DSP can radically improve the sound. A standard front, rear, sub system will run fine off either head unit.

    What vehicle do you have? Does it have a premium sound system?

    I have a toyota venza with the 13 jbl speakers




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2002, 09:47 PM
  2. which one is best?
    By Unregistered in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2002, 09:38 PM
  3. Which one? Suggestions?
    By ninjaklay in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2002, 08:55 PM
  4. which one will hit harder?
    By troy24 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2002, 05:51 PM
  5. audiobahn kicker ma infinity ? which one help!
    By jrmax in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-01-2002, 05:17 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum