Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Reload Thread: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

  1. #16
    nismos14's Avatar
    nismos14 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Get a HU with a bass and treble knob, and stop doing car audio:

    Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!-chevycd.jpg






    Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html


  2. Likes Silverado SS, phemps liked this post
    Dislikes TheCandyMan disliked this post



  3. #17
    TheCandyMan's Avatar
    TheCandyMan is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
    Get a HU with a bass and treble knob, and stop doing car audio:

    Attachment 26543299
    Go suuuccckkk some dog cooooccckkkk! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!



    Kenwood X990 Head Unit
    12in Kicker Solo X ported
    1700w Hifonics Brutus
    HANDSONMYFACEOVERBEARINGICAN'TGETOUT

  4. #18
    nismos14's Avatar
    nismos14 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    You can't do this easy simple thing, how did you setup the sub then? How did you setup the crossover and gain?????????? Read a little bit and educate yourself.






    Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html


  5. #19
    TheCandyMan's Avatar
    TheCandyMan is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    I know how to install a system and a cd player from experiance. When i make a video you'll see what i mean man it's complicated as **** and my ears can't tell if JUST the bass got lower in the stock speakers or not and there are LITERLY like 4 setting per speaker plus like 5 other things i can do. The previous HU I had was a kenwood before this with the motorized screen and it had a treble bass etc etc in the options this thing is just so bad *** and can do so much i get lost in it.



    Kenwood X990 Head Unit
    12in Kicker Solo X ported
    1700w Hifonics Brutus
    HANDSONMYFACEOVERBEARINGICAN'TGETOUT

  6. #20
    nismos14's Avatar
    nismos14 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Waiting.






    Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html


  7. #21
    TheCandyMan's Avatar
    TheCandyMan is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Had to wait til i could use my bro's samsung galaxy s4 cuz the camera is sweet. here it is...

    How do i tune my Kenwood X990 cd player - YouTube



    Kenwood X990 Head Unit
    12in Kicker Solo X ported
    1700w Hifonics Brutus
    HANDSONMYFACEOVERBEARINGICAN'TGETOUT

  8. #22
    nismos14's Avatar
    nismos14 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    What is your current goal?

    If you set the HPF for the front and rear to 100 hz or 80 hz and put it at -24db you'll have a pretty aggressive crossover on the front interiors, that will keep the bass out, but keep the midbass in.

    The equalizer allows you to choose different frequencies where you would define how much of a cut or add you would do to that frequency. The lower the frequencies are, the more it affects bass, this is a decent rule of thumb:

    20-80hz = subwoofer territory
    80-500 hz = midbass
    500-4000 = midrange
    4000+ = tweeters.

    If you want more highs adjust the frequency of one of the bands to a number greater than 4000 and adjust the gain of it up and down to see where the sweet spot is where you want to boost signal. Also try another band with another frequency above 4000 to see if you can get the results you want with a couple of boosted frequencies.

    Other that those steps, take it to a shop if you don't want to deal with it.






    Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html


  9. #23
    nateberrier's Avatar
    nateberrier is offline ******



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Douche, Ohio
    Posts
    4,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!




    Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

    http://www.execution-audio.com/

  10. #24
    TheCandyMan's Avatar
    TheCandyMan is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
    What is your current goal?

    If you set the HPF for the front and rear to 100 hz or 80 hz and put it at -24db you'll have a pretty aggressive crossover on the front interiors, that will keep the bass out, but keep the midbass in.

    The equalizer allows you to choose different frequencies where you would define how much of a cut or add you would do to that frequency. The lower the frequencies are, the more it affects bass, this is a decent rule of thumb:

    20-80hz = subwoofer territory
    80-500 hz = midbass
    500-4000 = midrange
    4000+ = tweeters.

    If you want more highs adjust the frequency of one of the bands to a number greater than 4000 and adjust the gain of it up and down to see where the sweet spot is where you want to boost signal. Also try another band with another frequency above 4000 to see if you can get the results you want with a couple of boosted frequencies.

    Other that those steps, take it to a shop if you don't want to deal with it.
    OK all i want is my treble up higher then stock and my bass to NOT come threw ANY of my 4 stock speakers and ONLY threw my subwoofer.
    And i do not understand why i have 4 bands for the front and back speakers? Why do i have 4 instead of 1? Or is it so i can change it to a different setting if i'm listening to other types of music?
    And wtf is Q Factor?
    So basically i wanna put everything @ 4000 and all db negative as possible?



    Kenwood X990 Head Unit
    12in Kicker Solo X ported
    1700w Hifonics Brutus
    HANDSONMYFACEOVERBEARINGICAN'TGETOUT

  11. #25
    nismos14's Avatar
    nismos14 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCandyMan View Post
    OK all i want is my treble up higher then stock and my bass to NOT come threw ANY of my 4 stock speakers and ONLY threw my subwoofer.
    And i do not understand why i have 4 bands for the front and back speakers? Why do i have 4 instead of 1? Or is it so i can change it to a different setting if i'm listening to other types of music?
    And wtf is Q Factor?
    So basically i wanna put everything @ 4000 and all db negative as possible?
    Because you can adjust 4 different frequencies.
    Q factor is the width of the curve.
    No. You need to raise the DB in the eq at 4000, don't put them all to 4000.

    I give up.






    Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html


  12. #26
    TheCandyMan's Avatar
    TheCandyMan is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
    Because you can adjust 4 different frequencies.
    Q factor is the width of the curve.
    No. You need to raise the DB in the eq at 4000, don't put them all to 4000.

    I give up.
    See it's just like a said. The most confusing thing EVER in life and dumb as ****. They should just put the words treble,bass,and mid on the ******* cd player. Looks like i'm gonna have to take it to a shop... I come here for all my CA help and This is the 1st time you guys have let me down... :-(

    I was hoping someone would say put the 1 option to 300hz put the other option to 30hz and so on when i made the video but u guys can't do that for me..

    p.s. there is no lines going up and down on my cd player it all goes into X's which is retareded.



    Kenwood X990 Head Unit
    12in Kicker Solo X ported
    1700w Hifonics Brutus
    HANDSONMYFACEOVERBEARINGICAN'TGETOUT

  13. #27
    Silverado SS's Avatar
    Silverado SS is online now Shake Pound and Rattle



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCandyMan View Post
    See it's just like a said. The most confusing thing EVER in life and dumb as ****. They should just put the words treble,bass,and mid on the ******* cd player. Looks like i'm gonna have to take it to a shop... I come here for all my CA help and This is the 1st time you guys have let me down... :-(

    I was hoping someone would say put the 1 option to 300hz put the other option to 30hz and so on when i made the video but u guys can't do that for me..

    p.s. there is no lines going up and down on my cd player it all goes into X's which is retareded.
    He already told you how to set up the bands. Quit being a lil bitch and crying to us because you don't listen and obviously can't read



    [FONT="Georgia"][CENTER]Silverado SS on 24's
    2 Fi SP4s Fully Loaded
    8 cubic foot after disp. 30Hz
    PowerBass 5000XTA and PPI 900.4
    Clarion CZ 702 for now
    4 Exodus Anarchys, looking for tweets
    Singer 275A Alternator, Big 3
    140 A/H and Shuriken BT-45

  14. #28
    momax_powers's Avatar
    momax_powers is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    438
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Cant help someone who doesnt wanna learn




  15. #29
    trumpet's Avatar
    trumpet is online now Supporting Vendor trumpet is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    trumpet is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Langdon, ND
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Q factor is explained with examples in the video I linked. I promise you won't find a more straightforward tutorial to a parametric eq than that.




    Small town service, family owned and operated. See our new mobile friendly web site at www.513electronics.com
    Home to CDT Audio's Systems Design Specialist
    Our CDT Audio dealer store, Clarion,_JBL,_Pioneer,_Precision_Power,_RE_Audio,_DB Drive,_Metra,_T-Spec, perfect fit speaker kits for your vehicle
    My system: Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, JBL MS-8, Clarion XC6610 x 2, CDT 6.7"/4"/1.1" in the front doors, 4"/1.1" center channel, QES-1220 12" x 2, Clarion SRG-1622R rear fill

  16. #30
    clanderson's Avatar
    clanderson is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

    Don't forget about this one!




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Tuning HELP PLEASE!
    By johnnyvolcom5 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 12:36 AM
  2. tuning help please!
    By spenman47 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 02:46 PM
  3. Tuning- help please
    By mikey85 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 05:52 PM
  4. tuning help please
    By RollinRemz05 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum