Well I find it near impossible to read the net anymore and make a decision so I'm going to try a forum. Basically I have been in to Double-DIN's and mp3 cars ( computers ) for the last 15 years. My last car used a tablet and had all the bells and whistles I could ever want. Looks like car stereos are finally catching on so I may give it a go.
I had my eye on the pioneer avic brands for a long time but all of that is now out the window as my new ride is a single din and I'm not going to custom mod this car. Except for the n series ( see below ). I'm way to in to the 7 inch screens so I looking at flip outs or screen attachments.
1) I'm a big android guy love to write apps. So I dont mind that as an os if I cant have a windows system like my tablet.
2) must play everything under the sun, dvd to mp3, and lots of media options.
3) I'd like it to use a mouse along with touch, the avic hacks allow this in some models. Not a big deal.
4) not limiting the price on this so any thing is game.
5) Looking for something with a following, as I like to play with options and hacks.
6) must fit in a full din ( single din )
7) A internal SD drive or storage of some kind.
8) peripherals would be nice. Mainly inputs like blue tooth remote controllers or usb inputs. For example with a computer I can add cameras, mice, game controllers, and remotes. Would be nice to have the option ( guessing that not going to happen ).
What I have looked at.
Pioneer AVIC n series: Looks like a great product but I here things always go wrong with it and Pioneer does not want to help.
Power Acoustik Ingenix PNX-721: looks like a lot of fun but no one ever wrote a review on it. And I think its really rare that or new.
Clarion NZ501-3 I here nothing about good things with these, its near the top of my list.
Hope this is not an unreasonable first post, apologizes if it is.
Just ran across this
Its like a tun of none name companies. All making pc stereos.