Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Planning on getting new head unit with Navi, can you listen to music at same time?

Strangirs is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Planning on getting new head unit with Navi, can you listen to music at same time?

Alright, well my pioneer head unit is pooping out on me and now i'm thinking about getting a single din flip out, touchscreen navigation unit.. You know like a ****** cheap one because i'm on a budget sadly so probably brands like dual, pyle ect. would be what i'd get..

The only reason i'd want the touchscreen and flip out though is for the navigation, and maybe some videos.. I already know you can bypass the videos and drive with that, but when you're driving and have navigation running set to an address is the ****** gonna not let me listen to the radio or cds?
    All I need on navigation is a rough guideline of where I have to and tells me what streets are next.. Ya I could just use google maps and print a sheet out but who wants to go through all that trouble, plus you have a guided line telling you where to go.. Anyways I use navigation on my phone all the time and it's not to appealing anymore and would rather have an all in one system...
    so the question is:

Can you listen to music while running navigation on a head unit? If not is there a way to bypass it?!

Here is an example head unit: Dual XDVDN9131 In-Dash Video Receivers (With Screen) at Onlinecarstereo.com

Who are you?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Planning on getting new head unit with Navi, can you listen to music at same time

Bump! I need an answer

Who are you?

jasonbillnelson is online now LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GTFO!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Planning on getting new head unit with Navi, can you listen to music at same time

I've got a Clarion NX501 in my Dodge Nitro. While driving and using nav your music will still play. When a notification for turn or exit pops up it will lower the music volume and issue the notification and then bring the music back in. Haven't dealt with any other nav units besides the one I have.

SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

Bought from sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    **PBnation**http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=382280 --**eBay**search jasonbillnelson, 104 positive-0 negative[
    HU: Clarion NX501 Nav Deck
    Amps: C2 Audio Recon 1.6, Sundown SAX50.4
    Speakers: MB Quart ONX216 Components - 2 full sets
    Subwoofer: C2 Audio Threatcon 4 V1 12"
    Wire/Battery: 0ga CCA --Shuriken BT-80 up front and Shuriken BT-35 secondary

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbillnelson View Post
    I've got a Clarion NX501 in my Dodge Nitro. While driving and using nav your music will still play. When a notification for turn or exit pops up it will lower the music volume and issue the notification and then bring the music back in. Haven't dealt with any other nav units besides the one I have.
    That looks like a nice head unit, sadly my dash has to be a 1.5 din size Maybe I could do some cutting and make it fit a double din but i'm not sure how to even get started into doing that stuff, since I assume its fiberglassing and such..

Who are you?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Could always spend money on this conversion kit but I don't know $160 seems kinda expensive for a piece of plastic! Then on top of it a headunit

95-99 CK Double Din

Who are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Eh...it's a matching molded piece of plastic. You could always go ebay or new egg and find a refurbished Garmin nuvi for like $65 shipped....I like my nav unit but I snagged it as refurbished for $485 instead of the $675 price tag it was fetching in February of 2012.

SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

Bought from sangthing, 93 saturn sl2, basswiigee, goodstuff, HomeGrown, 06gtmike
    **PBnation**http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=382280 --**eBay**search jasonbillnelson, 104 positive-0 negative[

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Eh...it's a matching molded piece of plastic. You could always go ebay or new egg and find a refurbished Garmin nuvi for like $65 shipped....I like my nav unit but I snagged it as refurbished for $485 instead of the $675 price tag it was fetching in February of 2012.
    this is actually catching my eye alot even though its china made.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-Din-C...item564eca538e

Rooted Chinese Android Head unit with BT & Torque Pro - YouTube

Who are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

All I have to say is you get what you pay for.......however that does look very intriguing. It looks like smooth operation as well as an alright nav setup. Software seems very quick and responsive. May be worth a shot. If you pick it up, definitely do a review.

SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

Silverado SS is offline Shake Pound and Rattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I always recommend away from flip out units, especially on the cheap end I give it 4 months for the motor to break. Goodluck

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

between the two I would choose the second one you posted. Just to try it. I mean hell it's over $100 less than I paid for mine and does more....but its not related to the name brand nav units we deal with so just make sure you know that you can take the loss if it does break down after 6 months to a year....

SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

between the two I would choose the second one you posted. Just to try it. I mean hell it's over $100 less than I paid for mine and does more....but its not related to the name brand nav units we deal with so just make sure you know that you can take the loss if it does break down after 6 months to a year....
    The only thing missing is that its a resitive screen and not capactive... Is your clarion capactive?

Who are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strangirs View Post
    The only thing missing is that its a resitive screen and not capactive... Is your clarion capactive?
    yes it's capacitive

SSgt. Jason Nelson
    Andrews AFB, MD USAF

Closed Thread