Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What Navigation Head Unit with iPhone 5

I have a 2008 Silverado Pickup with factory Nav and Bose system. The only thing that I like about the system is the integrated Nav. I would like to have Bluetooth Phone and Audio Streaming, Rear Camera, and the ability to play video from my iPhone on the rear seat entertainment screen. I am ready to ditch the Bose amplifiers and speakers and go with a new system. The only things that I would like to keep are the SWC, Rear Seat Entertainment, Rear Seat Audio Control, and OnStar.

I have not played with aftermarket audio equipment since I graduated from College in 1982 but I know a lot about the integration in the vehicle and know that while an aftermarket system takes some extra interfaces to install, it is still going to be better than installing interfaces for new functionality with the factory system.

I have been reviewing the options and really like the idea of the new line of App Radios that are coming from the aftermarket. I had a chance to spend a couple of days in a new Cadillac XTS with the Cue radio and liked how I could hook my iPhone 5 into it and control Pandora and my audio content from the head unit and it looks like a lot of the newer head units offer similar (and more) capability.

So my request is for opinions on which Head Unit offers the best function and connectivity with the iPhone 5. I have been looking at the JVC, Pioneer, and Kenwood systems but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the internet and there are no good retailers around here that seem to know what they are talking about. I would also be interested in advice on interfaces that will work with my truck and speaker selections.

Thanks in advance,
    Greg

J5Cub is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: What Navigation Head Unit with iPhone 5

I have been narrowing things down and like the looks of the JVC NT510HDT. Anybody had a chance to review that radio yet? About the only negative thing I have found on the JVC Nav radios in general is some people that had trouble updating the maps. It doesn't do iPhone 5 interface other than BT but that might be good enough for what I do. Any thoughts?

GP

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5117 Post(s)

Re: What Navigation Head Unit with iPhone 5

the pioneer x 150 would be your best deck ,but this like most aftermarket decks will not integrate with the stock dvd ,so you'll need to replace that as well

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Closed Thread