Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Reload Thread: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

  1. #16
    CJL's Avatar
    CJL
    CJL is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    oZone
    Posts
    3,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    I was thinking i could bridge them at 4ohms,but now that i think about it,that would mess up the image/stereo.

    Back to the drawing board



    REFS:
    eatank,mikescanlon,BoominBeast,Pistonsfan70,90accordman,bizflawless,Mazdakid,Boyle465,LiquidClen,dman4486,
    KickerSoItBump, SPY,1000101,infamous_e46


    Bought-Sold-Traded




  2. #17
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    False.
    If you say so oh great one. My front stage isn't to shabby.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  3. #18
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    If you say so oh great one. My front stage isn't to shabby.
    Didn't say yours was shabby. I just said you can get a bad *** front set for less than $200. As was mentioned... @keep_hope_alive ; might have the best sounding car on here and he has about that much into his entire 3 way.

    I also find your coax allusion confusing since it's technically a better alignment that a component set where the tweeters are 3 feet away from the woofer.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  4. #19
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Didn't say yours was shabby. I just said you can get a bad *** front set for less than $200. As was mentioned... @keep_hope_alive ; might have the best sounding car on here and he has about that much into his entire 3 way.

    I also find your coax allusion confusing since it's technically a better alignment that a component set where the tweeters are 3 feet away from the woofer.
    I don't think you have heard everybody's set ups.
    How much has kHA invested in his install? Look at the big picture. I hope you are not putting a coax on the same playing field? If so you just lost all credibility.
    And I said it can be done. Can it be SQ and have substantial output? Depends on what you are trying to keep up with.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  5. Dislikes Dirtrider4eva disliked this post
  6. #20
    jockhater2's Avatar
    jockhater2 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saukville, WI
    Posts
    2,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1269 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    I don't think you have heard everybody's set ups.
    How much has kHA invested in his install? Look at the big picture. I hope you are not putting a coax on the same playing field? If so you just lost all credibility.
    And I said it can be done. Can it be SQ and have substantial output? Depends on what you are trying to keep up with.
    Its not about the speakers. Its about the install. Kha has 100 hours into his front stange instal. Because he played with different speaker locations. Gurantee you that you just put yours. In your factory location



    Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

  7. #21
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    Its not about the speakers. Its about the install. Kha has 100 hours into his front stange instal. Because he played with different speaker locations. Gurantee you that you just put yours. In your factory location
    Lol stfu.. I got real mid bass cut into my doors lol ya I just stuck them in. I know what he has done, I've done about the same till I found what I was looking for. That's why I mentioned it newb



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  8. #22
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    I don't think you have heard everybody's set ups.
    How much has kHA invested in his install? Look at the big picture. I hope you are not putting a coax on the same playing field? If so you just lost all credibility.
    And I said it can be done. Can it be SQ and have substantial output? Depends on what you are trying to keep up with.
    What "big picture"? Effort? Effort is free. Although, most act like it costs a million dollars an hour.

    And honestly... if you think arguing FOR a point source tarnishes my credibility, then you're lost. I'd love to hear your thoughts on comps vs coax though. I bet my $100 coax front stage sounds just as good as your "not too shabby" stuff.

    "SQ and substantial output." You think it needs to be able to keep up with a 5k sub stage to have those two? You reckon you need 150db @ 1khz?

    But this isn't a dick measuring contest. And it's not about who has more money into their setup. The OP gave a budget and asked if it could be done. And it's a resounding "yes." Anyting else is just your personal opinion. And you're entitled to it. Even if it's wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  9. #23
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    What "big picture"? Effort? Effort is free. Although, most act like it costs a million dollars an hour.

    And honestly... if you think arguing FOR a point source tarnishes my credibility, then you're lost. I'd love to hear your thoughts on comps vs coax though. I bet my $100 coax front stage sounds just as good as your "not too shabby" stuff.

    "SQ and substantial output." You think it needs to be able to keep up with a 5k sub stage to have those two? You reckon you need 150db @ 1khz?

    But this isn't a dick measuring contest. And it's not about who has more money into their setup. The OP gave a budget and asked if it could be done. And it's a resounding "yes." Anyting else is just your personal opinion. And you're entitled to it. Even if it's wrong.
    We have a different understanding and apparently different taste. Ill leave it at that.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  10. #24
    ciaonzo's Avatar
    ciaonzo is offline TheContinental



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    WI
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post

    I also find your coax allusion confusing since it's technically a better alignment that a component set where the tweeters are 3 feet away from the woofer.
    This concept is lost on soooo many people, lol. I just chuckle every time I read that coaxials are a step down from components, lol.

    +1

    ---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    We have a different understanding and apparently different taste. Ill leave it at that.
    Yes, please leave. Your input is shit.



    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

  11. #25
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    This concept is lost on soooo many people, lol. I just chuckle every time I read that coaxials are a step down from components, lol.

    +1

    ---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

    Yes, please leave. Your input is shit.
    So you are telling me you can set the power different between mid and tweeter on a coax? Image tweeters? Adjust slopes? Pretty sure that's a step down so go ahead and chuckle. That's my input.. I guess that's ****



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  12. #26
    ciaonzo's Avatar
    ciaonzo is offline TheContinental



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    WI
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    So you are telling me you can set the power different between mid and tweeter on a coax? Image tweeters? Adjust slopes? Pretty sure that's a step down so go ahead and chuckle.
    Yes, I am you fucking tard. I realize that you are limited in your abilities but that doesn't mean that others are operating under your limitations.



    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

  13. #27
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Yes, I am you fucking tard. I realize that you are limited in your abilities but that doesn't mean that others are operating under your limitations.
    Well THEY are limited you tard.. Thats a ******* step down you tard.. Now go **** yourself and at least have valid points when you speak you tard.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

  14. #28
    ciaonzo's Avatar
    ciaonzo is offline TheContinental



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    WI
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    Well THEY are limited you tard.. Thats a ******* step down you tard.. Now go **** yourself and at least have valid points when you speak you tard.
    Got your panties all in a bunch when you should have been thinking of a way to take a coaxial that is comprised of the exact same driver compliment as the component set and find a way to bi-amp them. But you lack vision and run overpriced mass market garbage.



    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

  15. #29
    ciaonzo's Avatar
    ciaonzo is offline TheContinental



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    WI
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Dang, I'd love to run these but coaxials are sooo limited. You cant control anything with them. lulz





    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

  16. #30
    NoLoud4U's Avatar
    NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Va Beach, Va
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Got your panties all in a bunch when you should have been thinking of a way to take a coaxial that is comprised of the exact same driver compliment as the component set and find a way to bi-amp them. But you lack vision and run overpriced mass market garbage.
    I've ran the forum boners Bro. I always end up going back to the better side. The proven side.
    Why "find" a way to do something when a comp set can do it right out of the box. That's like people buying vvmes and putting more CA glue on them to even work.

    ---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Dang, I'd love to run these but coaxials are sooo limited. You cant control anything with them. lulz


    You can point the tweeter in a small circle. That's everything alright.



    2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Component speakers: worth it if run off HU?
    By MrTurtle in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 10:31 PM
  2. Pioneer DEH-P5800MP Worth it?
    By Bigalowmaggot in forum Head Units
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 05:11 AM
  3. New Pioneer ODR for sale at ebay!!! Worth it??
    By Automatch2000 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 12:26 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 07:55 PM
  5. Wondering if its worth it
    By NOS in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-18-2002, 07:45 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum