Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

CJL
    CJL is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer 80Prs worth it if..

I was thinking i could bridge them at 4ohms,but now that i think about it,that would mess up the image/stereo.

Back to the drawing board

REFS:
    eatank,mikescanlon,BoominBeast,Pistonsfan70,90accordman,bizflawless,Mazdakid,Boyle465,LiquidClen,dman4486,
    KickerSoItBump, SPY,1000101,infamous_e46

Bought-Sold-Traded

NoLoud4U is offline High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    False.
    If you say so oh great one. My front stage isn't to shabby.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    If you say so oh great one. My front stage isn't to shabby.
    Didn't say yours was shabby. I just said you can get a bad *** front set for less than $200. As was mentioned... @keep_hope_alive ; might have the best sounding car on here and he has about that much into his entire 3 way.

I also find your coax allusion confusing since it's technically a better alignment that a component set where the tweeters are 3 feet away from the woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

Didn't say yours was shabby. I just said you can get a bad *** front set for less than $200. As was mentioned... @keep_hope_alive ; might have the best sounding car on here and he has about that much into his entire 3 way.

I also find your coax allusion confusing since it's technically a better alignment that a component set where the tweeters are 3 feet away from the woofer.
    I don't think you have heard everybody's set ups.
    How much has kHA invested in his install? Look at the big picture. I hope you are not putting a coax on the same playing field? If so you just lost all credibility.
    And I said it can be done. Can it be SQ and have substantial output? Depends on what you are trying to keep up with.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

5. Dislikes Dirtrider4eva disliked this post
    jockhater2 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1269 Post(s)

How much has kHA invested in his install? Look at the big picture. I hope you are not putting a coax on the same playing field? If so you just lost all credibility.
    And I said it can be done. Can it be SQ and have substantial output? Depends on what you are trying to keep up with.
    Its not about the speakers. Its about the install. Kha has 100 hours into his front stange instal. Because he played with different speaker locations. Gurantee you that you just put yours. In your factory location

Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jockhater2 View Post
    Its not about the speakers. Its about the install. Kha has 100 hours into his front stange instal. Because he played with different speaker locations. Gurantee you that you just put yours. In your factory location
    Lol stfu.. I got real mid bass cut into my doors lol ya I just stuck them in. I know what he has done, I've done about the same till I found what I was looking for. That's why I mentioned it newb

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

What "big picture"? Effort? Effort is free. Although, most act like it costs a million dollars an hour.

And honestly... if you think arguing FOR a point source tarnishes my credibility, then you're lost. I'd love to hear your thoughts on comps vs coax though. I bet my $100 coax front stage sounds just as good as your "not too shabby" stuff.

"SQ and substantial output." You think it needs to be able to keep up with a 5k sub stage to have those two? You reckon you need 150db @ 1khz?

But this isn't a dick measuring contest. And it's not about who has more money into their setup. The OP gave a budget and asked if it could be done. And it's a resounding "yes." Anyting else is just your personal opinion. And you're entitled to it. Even if it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

What "big picture"? Effort? Effort is free. Although, most act like it costs a million dollars an hour.

And honestly... if you think arguing FOR a point source tarnishes my credibility, then you're lost. I'd love to hear your thoughts on comps vs coax though. I bet my $100 coax front stage sounds just as good as your "not too shabby" stuff.

"SQ and substantial output." You think it needs to be able to keep up with a 5k sub stage to have those two? You reckon you need 150db @ 1khz?

But this isn't a dick measuring contest. And it's not about who has more money into their setup. The OP gave a budget and asked if it could be done. And it's a resounding "yes." Anyting else is just your personal opinion. And you're entitled to it. Even if it's wrong.
    We have a different understanding and apparently different taste. Ill leave it at that.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

This concept is lost on soooo many people, lol. I just chuckle every time I read that coaxials are a step down from components, lol.

+1

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

We have a different understanding and apparently different taste. Ill leave it at that.
    Yes, please leave. Your input is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    This concept is lost on soooo many people, lol. I just chuckle every time I read that coaxials are a step down from components, lol.

+1

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Yes, please leave. Your input is shit.
    So you are telling me you can set the power different between mid and tweeter on a coax? Image tweeters? Adjust slopes? Pretty sure that's a step down so go ahead and chuckle. That's my input.. I guess that's ****

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

So you are telling me you can set the power different between mid and tweeter on a coax? Image tweeters? Adjust slopes? Pretty sure that's a step down so go ahead and chuckle.
    Yes, I am you fucking tard. I realize that you are limited in your abilities but that doesn't mean that others are operating under your limitations.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

Yes, I am you fucking tard. I realize that you are limited in your abilities but that doesn't mean that others are operating under your limitations.
    Well THEY are limited you tard.. Thats a ******* step down you tard.. Now go **** yourself and at least have valid points when you speak you tard.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Well THEY are limited you tard.. Thats a ******* step down you tard.. Now go **** yourself and at least have valid points when you speak you tard.
    Got your panties all in a bunch when you should have been thinking of a way to take a coaxial that is comprised of the exact same driver compliment as the component set and find a way to bi-amp them. But you lack vision and run overpriced mass market garbage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Dang, I'd love to run these but coaxials are sooo limited. You cant control anything with them. lulz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2770 Post(s)

Got your panties all in a bunch when you should have been thinking of a way to take a coaxial that is comprised of the exact same driver compliment as the component set and find a way to bi-amp them. But you lack vision and run overpriced mass market garbage.
    I've ran the forum boners Bro. I always end up going back to the better side. The proven side.
    Why "find" a way to do something when a comp set can do it right out of the box. That's like people buying vvmes and putting more CA glue on them to even work.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Dang, I'd love to run these but coaxials are sooo limited. You cant control anything with them. lulz

You can point the tweeter in a small circle. That's everything alright.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast