Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Reload Thread: iPad for HU

  1. #31
    SourDeez's Avatar
    SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fuqy u
    Posts
    4,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    No doubt, bud. I've got time enough to plan this. Just have to keep my hands away from getting a MS-8 until then. Can grab it for 499 direct using AAFES. I have your number and intend to use it lol.
    Haha your sig is making me lol

    also what kind of tahoe you lookin at?



    Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt




  2. #32
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    Haha your sig is making me lol

    also what kind of tahoe you lookin at?
    Early 2000s v6 but not 4x4 since I don't need a gas-hog in the city. Want something reliable around the 5-6k price point.

    And thanks on the sig. Figured the Grohl was getting overdone.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  3. #33
    SourDeez's Avatar
    SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fuqy u
    Posts
    4,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Early 2000s v6 but not 4x4 since I don't need a gas-hog in the city. Want something reliable around the 5-6k price point.

    And thanks on the sig. Figured the Grohl was getting overdone.
    I wasnt aware that they made a tahoe with a V6



    Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

  4. #34
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    I wasnt aware that they made a tahoe with a V6
    Finger slipped. I'm on the phone. Meant a v8. Looking at the LS since I really don't need the premium options.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  5. #35
    SourDeez's Avatar
    SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fuqy u
    Posts
    4,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Finger slipped. I'm on the phone. Meant a v8. Looking at the LS since I really don't need the premium options.
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe for sale by Chicago Motors Inc., Used Car, Truck and SUV dealer in the Chicago, IL area



    Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

  6. #36
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Lol that's kinda funny. Definitely a cool idea but made me think about hitting up some police auctions when the time comes. Could snag something with the basics of a decent system in there. Something like this:

    Cars for Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD LS in San Diego, CA 92130: Sport Utility Details - 318137117 - AutoTrader.com

    Hopefully something like that is still around when the time comes. Obviously the HU and amps would be replaced. Starting to lean towards the MMATS Ultimate HiFi and 2000.1D, but that lifts the price point up quite a bit.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  7. #37
    SourDeez's Avatar
    SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fuqy u
    Posts
    4,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Lol that's kinda funny. Definitely a cool idea but made me think about hitting up some police auctions when the time comes. Could snag something with the basics of a decent system in there. Something like this:

    Cars for Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD LS in San Diego, CA 92130: Sport Utility Details - 318137117 - AutoTrader.com

    Hopefully something like that is still around when the time comes. Obviously the HU and amps would be replaced. Starting to lean towards the MMATS Ultimate HiFi and 2000.1D, but that lifts the price point up quite a bit.
    I been looking at buying a police tahoe. These ones come without carpet, dual batteries already, HO alternator.... just begging for a system to be dropped in. Just run the wires and throw OEM carpet over it and you're done.

    Something like this

    2008 Chevrolet Tahoe for sale by Chicago Motors Inc., Used Car, Truck and SUV dealer in the Chicago, IL area



    Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

  8. Likes 04murdalanche liked this post
  9. #38
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    I been looking at buying a police tahoe. These ones come without carpet, dual batteries already, HO alternator.... just begging for a system to be dropped in. Just run the wires and throw OEM carpet over it and you're done.

    Something like this

    2008 Chevrolet Tahoe for sale by Chicago Motors Inc., Used Car, Truck and SUV dealer in the Chicago, IL area
    Hmm that's enticing. Just wish I didn't have to drive out to Chicago to pick it up lol, but it'd be one hell of a test drive.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Tx/Ada, Ok
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    I been looking at buying a police tahoe. These ones come without carpet, dual batteries already, HO alternator.... just begging for a system to be dropped in. Just run the wires and throw OEM carpet over it and you're done.

    Something like this

    2008 Chevrolet Tahoe for sale by Chicago Motors Inc., Used Car, Truck and SUV dealer in the Chicago, IL area
    We think very much alike good sir this has been something I've been wanting to do for a while




  11. #40
    SourDeez's Avatar
    SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fuqy u
    Posts
    4,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Hmm that's enticing. Just wish I didn't have to drive out to Chicago to pick it up lol, but it'd be one hell of a test drive.
    Try to get into some auctions. All that chicago place is a little dealer that buys police vehicles from auction.

    The cool thing about that is federal agencies are required to replace their vehicles every set amount of years or mileage which ever comes first. Some of those things are in great condition and not beat on, required maintenance and such.

    ---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    We think very much alike good sir this has been something I've been wanting to do for a while
    Yeah I would just need to take out a loan cause thers no way I'm getting rid of my car. But when I do.. the system in that motherufkcer



    Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

  12. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Tx/Ada, Ok
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    Try to get into some auctions. All that chicago place is a little dealer that buys police vehicles from auction.

    The cool thing about that is federal agencies are required to replace their vehicles every set amount of years or mileage which ever comes first. Some of those things are in great condition and not beat on, required maintenance and such.

    ---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------



    Yeah I would just need to take out a loan cause thers no way I'm getting rid of my car. But when I do.. the system in that motherufkcer
    Forrrrreal. Lol SPACE FOR DAYS




  13. #42
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Forrrrreal. Lol SPACE FOR DAYS
    Pretty much exactly why I'm looking into the Tahoes. I just hope gas prices don't skyrocket again over the next couple of years or I have to be looking elsewhere. I had to smh when we picked up a friend of ours and couldn't fit a suitcase AND a stroller in the trunk with my little 10" box. We literally had to put the stroller on the floorboards under the car seats to make it back from the airport that day.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  14. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Tx/Ada, Ok
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Pretty much exactly why I'm looking into the Tahoes. I just hope gas prices don't skyrocket again over the next couple of years or I have to be looking elsewhere. I had to smh when we picked up a friend of ours and couldn't fit a suitcase AND a stroller in the trunk with my little 10" box. We literally had to put the stroller on the floorboards under the car seats to make it back from the airport that day.
    Dude in my single cab with my box between the seats I have NO room..




  15. #44
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Dude in my single cab with my box between the seats I have NO room..
    Sucks, man. Couldn't imagine trying to handle that with two kids, though. Only have one atm which is why I can get away with it, but that visit was an eye-opener. Definitely going to have to upsize in a couple years. Figure the Tahoe's about as big as I want to go.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  16. #45
    03F150MrSBF's Avatar
    03F150MrSBF is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: iPad for HU

    @04murdalanche you should start working on that f150 dash

    Meet me today. No more putting it off lol. I'm going to txt you in a bit.




Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. high preoutputs for hu
    By Matador in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 03:01 PM
  2. Running New Wires For HU
    By FullThrottle7 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 10:26 AM
  3. Need suggestions for HU that plays MP3>>>
    By ND4ZPD in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2002, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum