Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Reload Thread: SQ double din suggestions...

  1. #1
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    SQ double din suggestions...

    Ok so my wife wants a double din nav unit.
    I want a sound quality system.
    So I am trying to find a good compromise...

    The rest of the set up will include
    Zed levi
    Phd speakers
    Ps8 processor

    What I need it to have...
    Nav
    Android and iphone connectivity if possible
    bluetooth (for phone calls only - preferred)
    Optical output (preferred)

    I was recommended a Alpine INA-W910 for the SQ... but the reviews say that it has some serious reliability issues. I like alpines overall. If anyone is selling anything that fits this (used) feel free to PM me. Any recommendations are appreciated.

    Thanks guys.

    @keep_hope_alive ; ?







  2. #2
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Not sure how you're going to get optical out on anything new, but the interface on this one is very sweet and does include active crossovers:

    Clarion NX702 7" CD/DVD/MP3 Car Receiver w/ Bluetooth & HD Radio

    Otherwise, you'll probably have to roll the dice with the Alpine double-din. To be honest, though, nobody's built-in nav wowed me in any way shape or form. It wasn't until I got the Advanced App Mode in my Pio that I was able to be happy since I can now run Waze (which really hasn't let me down yet). But we both know about Pio and SQ :/



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  3. Thanks West thanked for this post
  4. #3
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Not sure how you're going to get optical out on anything new, but the interface on this one is very sweet and does include active crossovers:

    Clarion NX702 7" CD/DVD/MP3 Car Receiver w/ Bluetooth & HD Radio

    Otherwise, you'll probably have to roll the dice with the Alpine double-din. To be honest, though, nobody's built-in nav wowed me in any way shape or form. It wasn't until I got the Advanced App Mode in my Pio that I was able to be happy since I can now run Waze (which really hasn't let me down yet). But we both know about Pio and SQ :/
    Yes... I have a avic-x930bt :/ Great NAV!
    Average SQ at best...

    I may try the Clarion, I heard it in a dudes car not too long ago... was pretty nice, not a crazy amount of detail though...
    Thanks neo.
    The alpines are going DIRT cheap on ebay LMAO... so hard to walk away from those prices




  5. #4
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Yes... I have a avic-x930bt :/ Great NAV!
    Average SQ at best...

    I may try the Clarion, I heard it in a dudes car not too long ago... was pretty nice, not a crazy amount of detail though...
    Thanks neo.
    The alpines are going DIRT cheap on ebay LMAO... so hard to walk away from those prices
    When prices are consistently that low, though, I have to think there's a reason why. I'm sure what the HU lacks in detail, the PS8 will be able to bring a lot of it back.

    I think what you should probably do is look at how much your wife already integrates her phone into her driving experience. Especially if it's an iPhone and she runs basically everything from it, it might just be worth it to put in something like my 8400. I'm sure you're the SQ nut of the family (takes one to know one), but she might just need a simple UI. Never met yours, but I know my wife pretty much REQUIRES something easy to operate. She already calls me when she borrows my car asking how to turn down the bass...smh.



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  6. #5
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    When prices are consistently that low, though, I have to think there's a reason why. I'm sure what the HU lacks in detail, the PS8 will be able to bring a lot of it back.

    I think what you should probably do is look at how much your wife already integrates her phone into her driving experience. Especially if it's an iPhone and she runs basically everything from it, it might just be worth it to put in something like my 8400. I'm sure you're the SQ nut of the family (takes one to know one), but she might just need a simple UI. Never met yours, but I know my wife pretty much REQUIRES something easy to operate. She already calls me when she borrows my car asking how to turn down the bass...smh.
    Yeah... I hear that. But she rocks and android and I run an iphone... the Clarion can handle both with a decent user interface lol
    Also I am a firm believer in "garbage in garbage out" the ps8 can't generate detail that isn't there. It can color the sound and enhance levels all day long though.




  7. #6
    RARECRX's Avatar
    RARECRX is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stockton Ca.
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    I was running a Avic-f900bt and pretty much hated it. It would take forever to boot up, I would be at the corner store before I could use it. I'm glad you asked this I'm curious as well . It came factory in my 09' scion XB rs6. I wish it did not .




  8. #7
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by RARECRX View Post
    I was running a Avic-f900bt and pretty much hated it. It would take forever to boot up, I would be at the corner store before I could use it. I'm glad you asked this I'm curious as well . It came factory in my 09' scion XB rs6. I wish it did not .
    Glad to see another pioneer hater lol
    I thought the 80prs and p99rs were both pretty good, but the train derailed on the double dins...




  9. #8
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5143 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    well west if you want the clarion hit me up ,it might be my next deck as well ,but i have a avhp 4100 and its pretty nice ,sounds great too,i bought it new 3 years ago ,switched from the flipout




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  10. Likes West liked this post
  11. #9
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    well west if you want the clarion hit me up ,it might be my next deck as well ,but i have a avhp 4100 and its pretty nice ,sounds great too,i bought it new 3 years ago ,switched from the flipout
    Really wish it had optical lol...




  12. #10
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5143 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Really wish it had optical lol...
    yea i know , maybe since the ps8 has it maybe someone will make a better hu with it again




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  13. #11
    double 07's Avatar
    double 07 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Etowah, TN
    Posts
    1,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    I didn't think DD and SQ could be used in the same sentence...get a nice single din with optical and a GARMIN for the dash.....LOL




  14. Likes West liked this post
  15. #12
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    yea i know , maybe since the ps8 has it maybe someone will make a better hu with it again
    A lot of the processors have optical
    bit 1, the 6to8, helix... just so few decks with it...

    ---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by double 07 View Post
    I didn't think DD and SQ could be used in the same sentence...get a nice single din with optical and a GARMIN for the dash.....LOL
    I may go that route... LOL




  16. #13
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by double 07 View Post
    I didn't think DD and SQ could be used in the same sentence...get a nice single din with optical and a GARMIN for the dash.....LOL
    Although that NX702 has the same dsp as your CZ702 ^.^
    There is hope yet! maybe




  17. #14
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5143 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    i was just reading about the alpines and you have to get a adapter for the optical to be used




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  18. #15
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: SQ double din suggestions...

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    i was just reading about the alpines and you have to get a adapter for the optical to be used
    Yes
    I saw that as well. It's NOT cheap either. Around 100$ because they changed the port on the deck. Greedy mofo's... a good optical cable is 15$...
    Alpine can go and and blow me... LOL




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Make navi/dvd double din suggestions please
    By 8thGenSI in forum Head Units
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 01:35 AM
  2. double din sq opinions
    By 07montecarlo in forum Head Units
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 08:56 PM
  3. double din suggestions
    By king ranch in forum Head Units
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
  4. SQ Double din??
    By theputz in forum Head Units
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 07:46 PM
  5. Double Din Recommendations SQ system
    By GeeTEye in forum Head Units
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 05:20 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum