Closed Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Reload Thread: Best place for information...80prs

  1. #1
    cfox10's Avatar
    cfox10 is offline Rock the house.



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Best place for information...80prs

    Got the 80prs a few days ago. Haven't had the chance to take it out of the box and play with it and it probably won't be installed for a couple weeks or so... but in the meantime, what is it I should read up on?

    It comes with a microphone to plug into the unit but is that the same one used for auto tune? Do I want to bother with auto tune?


    Anybody have some general settings to start with and tweak to my liking?







  2. #2
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    What are you running?




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  3. #3
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    The microphone looking one is for your BT and goes in the back. The tweeter looking one is for autotune and goes in front.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  4. #4
    cfox10's Avatar
    cfox10 is offline Rock the house.

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    What are you running?
    4 Gcon's, 6.5" Mmats pro components up front. coustic dr amp for components and crescendo bc5500d for subs. Right now it's sitting with an old school blaupunkt cd player

    ---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    The microphone looking one is for your BT and goes in the back. The tweeter looking one is for autotune and goes in front.
    Good to know! I opened the box up and it comes with rca's that have bare wire? I assume for a rear aux maybe?




  5. #5
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    So your going active?




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  6. #6
    cfox10's Avatar
    cfox10 is offline Rock the house.

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    So your going active?
    That's the plan. I've really only read up on this head unit a little but at the price I got it at I had to get it... it was this or a kenwood excelon unit and from what i've read and been told this was the best unit in this price range. I got it brand new from frys electronics for 234. They price matched amazon @ 260 and I got an extra 10% off with a coupon I had.

    Mind giving me a quick overview of what I'm getting myself into? I mean.. I'll spend hours tweaking my crossover settings and my head unit settings on my 3100ub so, with this one I imagine I'll be spending even more hours doing it




  7. #7
    Slayerx's Avatar
    Slayerx is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by cfox10 View Post
    That's the plan. I've really only read up on this head unit a little but at the price I got it at I had to get it... it was this or a kenwood excelon unit and from what i've read and been told this was the best unit in this price range. I got it brand new from frys electronics for 234. They price matched amazon @ 260 and I got an extra 10% off with a coupon I had.

    Mind giving me a quick overview of what I'm getting myself into? I mean.. I'll spend hours tweaking my crossover settings and my head unit settings on my 3100ub so, with this one I imagine I'll be spending even more hours doing it
    Mine will be here Thursday but won't be getting it all hooked up til I get my tax refund.
    If you spend hours already on what you have, say goodbye to any free time you may have lol



    2000 Acura TL
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    JBL MS-62C
    Kicker CX300.4 (Temporary)
    Subs TBD (IAD 10" or 12" possibly)
    Eclipse XA1000 (Till I need/want more power)

    Sold to: ctmaudi, Trancer, Germ305, RAM_Designs, lrc131
    Bought from: gentlejax, 2lows10, eL_wEEnIe, --Navi--, wu501, trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    i turned my pornhub off for this

  8. #8
    cfox10's Avatar
    cfox10 is offline Rock the house.

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Mine will be here Thursday but won't be getting it all hooked up til I get my tax refund.
    If you spend hours already on what you have, say goodbye to any free time you may have lol
    I got this head unit, a windows surface tablet, and I the girlfriend a kindle fire hd so she couldn't complain about me spending my free time on this stuff. :p
    The only concern I have with it is the face seems a bit cheap, but with the functionality it has, it's kind of hard to complain.

    Actually, one more complain... I wish Pioneer used the same wire harness for the power/ stock speaker connection. I wanted to throw this in the Honda until I had time to rewire the truck and it's a different harness.




  9. #9
    Slayerx's Avatar
    Slayerx is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by cfox10 View Post
    I got this head unit, a windows surface tablet, and I the girlfriend a kindle fire hd so she couldn't complain about me spending my free time on this stuff. :p
    The only concern I have with it is the face seems a bit cheap, but with the functionality it has, it's kind of hard to complain.

    Actually, one more complain... I wish Pioneer used the same wire harness for the power/ stock speaker connection. I wanted to throw this in the Honda until I had time to rewire the truck and it's a different harness.
    Ya I find most newer HU's face feel pretty cheap, I hope this one isn't even worse.
    Could you elaborate more on the wire harness?



    2000 Acura TL
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    JBL MS-62C
    Kicker CX300.4 (Temporary)
    Subs TBD (IAD 10" or 12" possibly)
    Eclipse XA1000 (Till I need/want more power)

    Sold to: ctmaudi, Trancer, Germ305, RAM_Designs, lrc131
    Bought from: gentlejax, 2lows10, eL_wEEnIe, --Navi--, wu501, trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    i turned my pornhub off for this

  10. #10
    cfox10's Avatar
    cfox10 is offline Rock the house.

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Ya I find most newer HU's face feel pretty cheap, I hope this one isn't even worse.
    Could you elaborate more on the wire harness?
    Nearly every Pioneer I've had has had this wire harness (the fuse is right below and it covers the fuse) the new wire harness covers the fuse on the side which makes the old harness impossible to fit on the 80prs.. it looks like this..

    It might be hard to notice the difference in pictures.. but in person you'll see what I mean. In my opinion, just looking at it, the face seems slightly cheap compared to some of the other high end head units of other brands. Difference being, this one has much better sound and functionality. Overall, I think it will last.




  11. #11
    Slayerx's Avatar
    Slayerx is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Ahhh I see what you mean now, thanks.
    Ya I'm not too worried about the face, nobody else touches my stereo, and I take care of my stuff.
    And lots of people say it's ugly looking, but I think it's nice, not too flashy, but simple and "clean" looking.



    2000 Acura TL
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    JBL MS-62C
    Kicker CX300.4 (Temporary)
    Subs TBD (IAD 10" or 12" possibly)
    Eclipse XA1000 (Till I need/want more power)

    Sold to: ctmaudi, Trancer, Germ305, RAM_Designs, lrc131
    Bought from: gentlejax, 2lows10, eL_wEEnIe, --Navi--, wu501, trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    i turned my pornhub off for this

  12. #12
    cfox10's Avatar
    cfox10 is offline Rock the house.

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Ahhh I see what you mean now, thanks.
    Ya I'm not too worried about the face, nobody else touches my stereo, and I take care of my stuff.
    And lots of people say it's ugly looking, but I think it's nice, not too flashy, but simple and "clean" looking.
    I agree. I'm the only one touching the head unit, and I'm not a flashy head unit kinda person. I definitely have those friends that will say things like "Oh, nice stereo... but, my other buddy has a touchscreen boss audio in his car, you should get one of those next time" or something along those lines.

    I'm torn with myself whether or not to continue going the spl route or the sq route. I still need to finish installing the rest of my deadener, and look into new components, and figure out what direction I'm going.




  13. #13
    Slayerx's Avatar
    Slayerx is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by cfox10 View Post
    I agree. I'm the only one touching the head unit, and I'm not a flashy head unit kinda person. I definitely have those friends that will say things like "Oh, nice stereo... but, my other buddy has a touchscreen boss audio in his car, you should get one of those next time" or something along those lines.

    I'm torn with myself whether or not to continue going the spl route or the sq route. I still need to finish installing the rest of my deadener, and look into new components, and figure out what direction I'm going.
    Haha ya, it' funny how people think a big screen makes it a better unit, or makes you're system better. I do often sit in my car, waiting on people or whatever, but never have I thought, man I wish I could watch a dvd right now.

    I have a lot to do as well, and decisions to make. I'm going for more of a poor-man's sq set up lol. Nothing fancy, just treat the doors as best as I can, find a good spot for the tweets, keeping my XA1000 as my sub amp. Still gotta pick what comps and sub to run, and find a 4-channel.
    My main concern is mounting the tweets, and tearing up my car's interior. I've never owned a car like this one, so I want to be careful lol. And I have no idea what to do with my tweets. Running the wire is going to be a bitch



    2000 Acura TL
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    JBL MS-62C
    Kicker CX300.4 (Temporary)
    Subs TBD (IAD 10" or 12" possibly)
    Eclipse XA1000 (Till I need/want more power)

    Sold to: ctmaudi, Trancer, Germ305, RAM_Designs, lrc131
    Bought from: gentlejax, 2lows10, eL_wEEnIe, --Navi--, wu501, trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    i turned my pornhub off for this

  14. #14
    cfox10's Avatar
    cfox10 is offline Rock the house.

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

    Re: Best place for information...80prs

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Haha ya, it' funny how people think a big screen makes it a better unit, or makes you're system better. I do often sit in my car, waiting on people or whatever, but never have I thought, man I wish I could watch a dvd right now.

    I have a lot to do as well, and decisions to make. I'm going for more of a poor-man's sq set up lol. Nothing fancy, just treat the doors as best as I can, find a good spot for the tweets, keeping my XA1000 as my sub amp. Still gotta pick what comps and sub to run, and find a 4-channel.
    My main concern is mounting the tweets, and tearing up my car's interior. I've never owned a car like this one, so I want to be careful lol. And I have no idea what to do with my tweets. Running the wire is going to be a bitch
    When I was working on a car I didn't want to tear up I spent hours and hours making molds for new pods and doors. Kept the old ones for when I took it all out and put it back together the way it was when I got it. It's a huge pain in the *** but it's definitely worth it if you don't want to mod the pieces in the car and have it look like sh*t if you ever take it all out and sell the car.

    The only time I've ever watched something in my car was when I was waiting on my girlfriend. I whipped out my tablet and watched some videos. I don't need a DVD player in the car. I'd rather have the best sound I can get for my price range.




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. got into a discussion on another forum: best place for a ground
    By pwnt by pat in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 05:54 PM
  2. best place for HO alts?
    By Phrozt in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 09:01 PM
  3. best place for a HO alternator
    By Fosgate Forever in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 06:12 PM
  4. best place for cheap install kits?
    By Ryde _Or_Die in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 11:17 PM
  5. Best Place for Sub
    By b12sentra in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2002, 12:48 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum