Closed Thread

Reload Thread: iPad 4 Install as HU

keeph8n is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

iPad 4 Install as HU

I know alot of people use iPad 1-3 and just run it as an AUX setup off a standard HU with USB. I'm trying to figure out if with this new iPad 4 with the lightning connector vs standard 30 pin connector if people are having any luck?

Will using an adapter from the lightning connector to a 30 pin degrade the sound quality at all? I will be running an iPad 4 and just a signal/line converter(ie RF 3sixty.3, audison bit ten, etc etc) and an iStreamer to convert the iPad signal to a set of RCAs. I'm wanting to eliminate the factory HU and not run an aftermarket HU at all because I do not think the aftermarket HU will charge the iPad 4 at the same time.

Am I just crazy and should just run a HU as a processor for the iPad signal and just have my fabricator build my dash and just have an aftermarket HU hidden somewhere?

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Re: iPad 4 Install as HU

Quote Originally Posted by keeph8n View Post
    I know alot of people use iPad 1-3 and just run it as an AUX setup off a standard HU with USB. I'm trying to figure out if with this new iPad 4 with the lightning connector vs standard 30 pin connector if people are having any luck?

Will using an adapter from the lightning connector to a 30 pin degrade the sound quality at all?
    No.. its the same thing almost. The only difference is on the phones side, otherwise it still plugs in and works the same via usb. For audio at least.

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

Closed Thread