Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is this possible?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Is this possible?

I recently bought a Pioneer DEH-80prs single din head unit. I was wondering if it's possible to buy a head unit that has a screen and I could hook it up to the other head unit but just use the screen part of it not any other feature? So lets say I had a dvd plugged into it, it would play the video but the video would play out of the other head unit.

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Is this possible?

Either I'm too drunk, or this makes no sense. Try writing that again?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Callingindogs is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmm, i'd have two head units, one basic single din and a second one that has a screen. Is it possible to use the basic one for audio only and to play the dvd, but the headunit for the screen is used to play the video, but that's it's only purpose. Is there a way to make that happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Either I'm too drunk, or this makes no sense. Try writing that again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callingindogs View Post
    Hmmmm, i'd have two head units, one basic single din and a second one that has a screen. Is it possible to use the basic one for audio only and to play the dvd, but the headunit for the screen is used to play the video, but that's it's only purpose. Is there a way to make that happen?
    Not going to work, 80PRS will not read DVD's. The way you may be able to do it is to put the DVD in the DVD HU and use an audio out RCA to the 80PRS's aux in RCA's. I would say don't do it though, going to be a huge headache to make it sound right. Pick one or the other.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would there be a loss in sound quality? Since the other head unit i'd get wouldn't be high quality
    Not going to work, 80PRS will not read DVD's. The way you may be able to do it is to put the DVD in the DVD HU and use an audio out RCA to the 80PRS's aux in RCA's. I would say don't do it though, going to be a huge headache to make it sound right. Pick one or the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Sure would be. Again, pick one. If video is that important to you then do it, if not then your audio will sound better with the Pio.

7. Thanks Callingindogs thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah i'm more worried about audio, the video would just be something I want for fun. Thank you though!
    Sure would be. Again, pick one. If video is that important to you then do it, if not then your audio will sound better with the Pio.

Closed Thread