Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Question on iPad mini install

akatreyt is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question on iPad mini install

I'm going to be installing an iPad mini as my head unit in my charger and I have a question about the wiring. Can I take iPad mini -> into iStreamer -> Clarion EQS746 -> amps -> speakers. With this setup I'm skipping the digital processor, I'm not sure why it's needed if you have an EQ. Please let me know if this is a goo way to go or if I'm going to be needing some other components.

03F150MrSBF is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Re: Question on iPad mini install

Not sure how to tag people on here but 04murdalanche might know. The way we are going to do it is; from mini to Headunit thru a USB. Then just have that as the auxiliary source. He was going to go from mini to RF 360.2 and eliminate the HU. But I guess that depends on if you had space for the HU and if you just don't want it there. I definitely wanted it, that's why I'm keeping the HU. Just relocating it.

Anyways ill direct him here. He may have more info.

@04murdalanche

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 03F150MrSBF View Post
    Not sure how to tag people on here but 04murdalanche might know. The way we are going to do it is; from mini to Headunit thru a USB. Then just have that as the auxiliary source. He was going to go from mini to RF 360.2 and eliminate the HU. But I guess that depends on if you had space for the HU and if you just don't want it there. I definitely wanted it, that's why I'm keeping the HU. Just relocating it.

Anyways ill direct him here. He may have more info.

@04murdalanche
    I don't want a HU, I just want to completely replace it with this ipad setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akatreyt View Post
    I don't want a HU, I just want to completely replace it with this ipad setup.
    Yes you can run it that way however you will be wasting your money on that I streamer being that you won't get a digital signal through the eqs, notice my sig, I tried the same thing, sounded good, but was lacking. If you're stuck on the EQS then get a iPad AV cable and plug the audio inputs into the EQ and call it a day

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Yes you can run it that way however you will be wasting your money on that I streamer being that you won't get a digital signal through the eqs, notice my sig, I tried the same thing, sounded good, but was lacking. If you're stuck on the EQS then get a iPad AV cable and plug the audio inputs into the EQ and call it a day
    I want to dive a bit deeper into this if you dont mind. There are a lot of people doing iStreamer to Audison bit ten to amps, doing this you're still only getting an analog signal to the Audison from the iStreamer. Or am I missing something here?

Edit
    From the research I've seen it seems that the Audison bit ten is just for tuning, it takes an analog signal and gives you a in between to tune to your amps. What I think the iStreamer does that is an advantage over using straight rca to either eq or processor is it gives you a dac that will gives a high quality analog output form a digital source, where as the rca from ipad gives you a lower quality signal, so you lose so a lot of quality.

^^^ link for clarity http://www.mymac.com/2012/07/istream...e-ipad-review/
    Last edited by akatreyt; 12-15-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akatreyt View Post
    I want to dive a bit deeper into this if you dont mind. There are a lot of people doing iStreamer to Audison bit ten to amps, doing this you're still only getting an analog signal to the Audison from the iStreamer. Or am I missing something here?

Edit
    From the research I've seen it seems that the Audison bit ten is just for tuning, it takes an analog signal and gives you a in between to tune to your amps. What I think the iStreamer does that is an advantage over using straight rca to either eq or processor is it gives you a dac that will gives a high quality analog output form a digital source, where as the rca from ipad gives you a lower quality signal, so you lose so a lot of quality.

^^^ link for clarity iStreamer for iPod, iPhone, iPad Review
    I see, never knew that.. Seems like you can, I would just run it to the bit ten though and have all the lovely tuning abilities.

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

check soundman.com or go on there youtube channel they do looots of these

Closed Thread