Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Lightening port on apple products

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Lightening port on apple products

Quote Originally Posted by itsblown View Post
    have you done back to back comparisons with a c.d.? ive always wondered this any idea what the transfer rate is? and the sound quality via blue tooth probably varies strongly depending on the head unit im guesing
    Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    It depends on the quality of the file being played.

I play 320kbps thru my iPhone/iPod via USB cable. Lightning should be the same.

Same as CD

^^^This. Lightning is only the connector used on the iPhone, it's still via a USB interface. I am not using bluetooth, and would only ever use that for audio as a last resort. Although I guess I don't know what the transfer speeds/throughputs of bluetooth really are. Never really cared. It would be good to look into if you planned on using that.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Although I guess I don't know what the transfer speeds/throughputs of bluetooth really are. Never really cared. It would be good to look into if you planned on using that.
    Its compressed

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    Its compressed
    Yeah, but to what? Why would it compress the signal if the throughput was high enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2