Hi folks. I'm looking to replace my current HU (Alpine CDE-102Ri) with something more modern & capable. I'm kinda fussy though & have some wants & needs.
In order of priority...
1. It must sound excellent. This is paramount.
2. It must be able to support a standalone hard drive via a rear USB.
3. It must have a display with more than one line of info. Navigating through big file lists on a one-line display is excruciating.
4. It must have a "display off" function. I hate lights when they aren't necessary.
5. I'd ideally like a front USB port as well as a rear one.
6. I'd also like it to have 3 pre-outs, although its not a deal-breaker.
7. I'd like it to be Alpine as i like the sound signature of my current HU, but if not then C'est la vie.
8. I have little interest in video although the larger screen real-estate inherent in double-DIN units would have some practical advantages.
9. And finally...I'd like the tape deck to have Dolby C.
One of those features is just wrong, lol.
The partnering equipment is in my sig but that's likely to be upgraded as time goes on. Therefore, the new HU should be able to get the best out of future upgrades in the rest of the system.
My budget is no more than £300. I think that's around $480 & CDN$477.
I know some of you guys are very knowledgeable so who better. I'm not too sure how similar our markets are though so ill have to check if I can actually source what's suggested. Any & all suggestions are welcome.