I have a 2006 GMC 2500HD Crew cab with the Navigation type factory radio. The truck has steering wheel controls and OnStar. I am recent owner of about 1 year and the old owner never updated the Navigation which works off DVD and is cost prohibitive to update and it ***** as well. I am wanting what the best head unit for replacement to get:
1) radio of course that plays all music type with AV input and USB on front (front port not absolute)
2) keep my steering controls (got to keep these)
3) bluetooth capable
4) Would like navigation with lifetime updates and lifetime traffic updates (if possible, think I saw them)
5) XMSirus capible
6) Back up camera option
7) fit without having to modify dash
8) Keep the Onstar functional if possible (I dont use but I hate making an option non-funtional)
I came here because I heard this was the best forum, I know this are a lot of requirments but hopefully someone will know what I need. I have looked but can't find everything I need and I figure someone here will know right away.
Once I have the head set, let me know what other adapter/cables will be needed to make this work. Also if someone is in the Dallas area that installs, let me know I will need that also.