Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some advice/help...

SmokaFatti is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need some advice/help...

Ok, so im not new to the car audio world I have always had some kind of a system in my car, however, I am new to having a serious audio system. I just recently traded in my trailblazer ss, (gas prices were killing me, lol), and bought a new 2012 malibu lt. In my truck I had a double din pioneer touch screen head unit, which I sold as I decided to keep my stock head unit in my malibu. Im moving the remaining parts of my system into my new car. Getting a new box built for my 4 memphis pr 12" subs, moving over my 2 memphis 16-pr1.1000 1000watt mono amps, and my 2 1far. power caps, (and will also soon be replacing my 2 6.5" door speakers, and the 2 6x9s in the rear deck and adding a highs amp, eventually. Still working on the lows right now.) Now, this is where my dilema comes in. I was thinking of adding a line driver,.im assuming I will need one as im running all this off of a stock head unit. Right? Or should I go with an epicenter? Or both? And.also, once I upgrade my highs, and add the highs amp, should.i add in an eq? Im thinking I should, cause again im working with a factory stereo. What about a crossover? Im completely lost when it comes to all that extra stuff. I usually just have a head unit, an amp, and a set of subs. Lol. Someone help me out here, what should I get? Or what do I need for maximum sound and best quality? And for the record I go to audio unlimited in my home town and get everything hooked.up and tuned professionally. Just need to know what all I should buy and.take up there to get installed. Trying to compete.in some audio competitions next summer. Thanks guys.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Re: Need some advice/help...

if your trying to compete then replace the deck too.it will save you alot of headaches and money in the long run

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    if your trying to compete then replace the deck too.it will save you alot of headaches and money in the long run
    ^^^ agreed,alot of frustration,and a better signal...plug and play

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea, but I want to keep my steering wheel controls, and my built in blue tooth, and all the other features that are built into the stock head unit.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No other feedback?

matt_bennett05 is offline mattchoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

A LOT of headunits come w/ bluetooth and steering wheel controls nowdays so you can't take the aftermarket headunit out of the equation for that reason.

D.D.Q.F.

Traded with : norrizzle9, BassAddictJ (x2), TWiZTid859, btr, btdickey, mylows10, Sour_Deez, El_Weenie;
    Bought from : NeilBarber, kurtbeast, bubbagumper, cd6551,
    mistergrubbs, gbo559, ltr450racer690, nismos14, ptcmarty,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not taking it out all together, eventually im going to replace that as well. Its just not on the top of my list right now. What about my questions tho? Line driver? Epicenter? Both? Equalizer? Crossover? What all do I need to get maximum sound and sound quality? Im not to familiar with all of those add ons. Like I said I usually just run an amp and a set of subs. Occasionally a head unit, but this time im trying to go really big and bad. Sooo....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, you guys didnt answer any of my questions or help me with this at all. I was lpoking for some advice/help with this. And perhaps some info on all of extra parts I mentioned (i.e line drivers, epicenters, equalizers, crossovers, ect.). I mean I know the basic functions, but am still lost when it comes to them. And what I need for the loudest and best quality sound. Any info you guys could give me would be appreciated, greatly. As well as answering my questions in my original post. I just need to know what I should get and what I need. I will be starting to build my custom fiberglass trunk set up next weekend, and wanted to.have everything I needed before or around them, so I can incorporate everything into its own spot within the fiberglass enclosures. Im building a custom amp rack in the back to hide the amps and power caps,.building a box for 2 of my 12s down into my spare tire well not sure if im gonna carpet that one or go with a plexiglass top with leds inside for that see thru bandpass look. And then building a custom box on either side in the corner of the wheel wells and corner of my trunk, these will be getting carpeted for an oem look. But if im adding a line driver or epicenter or eq or whatever, id like to.have it when I start so.i can find a place for it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me,.what should I get?? What do I need?? Lol, and again any info on these would be highly appreciated. Thanks guys

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

ok do a good loc rca's to a eq like the autotek 7007,then you'll have up to a 9 volt pre out for the amps then just add rca's to the amps.good loc about $30 the eq $ 70 - $150 tap in your remote wire under the dash into the fuse box for acc.

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Closed Thread