Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2012 Impala VSS Wire

bigkickr is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2012 Impala VSS Wire

Does anyone know where the VSS wire is on a 2012 Chevy Impala? I recently had a GM Nav Radio installed and the shop that installed it could not locate the VSS wire and was trying to tell me that the radio doesn't have to be connected to the VSS and can run solely off the GPS antenna that was included with the radio.

bigkickr is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2012 Impala VSS Wire

*Update*

Over the weekend I replaced the GPS antenna that was included with the radio with the GM factory GPS antenna. I do have to say that it has made a significant difference in the signal quality and the speed in which the navigation finds itself upon starting the vehicle. With the old antenna the navigation wouldn't have located itself before I arrived at work, granted I work a mile from where I live but I still found this unacceptable. However this morning with the GM antenna the signal was there and the map had located itself before I was out of the neighborhood.

One of my contacts at a GM dealer provided me with the location of the VSS signal wire in my vehicle. Given the performance of the GPS with the new antenna I don't know if this is necessary now???? I would still like to understand what the radio uses from that signal and how it incorporates it into the navigation system?

On a side note the last piece of the puzzle to this whole thing is the audible turn by turn directions. I do have the settings in the radio switched "on" for turn by turn directions however the only audio I get from the navigation is at the very beginning "please drive to the highlighted route" and at the very end "you have arrived at your destination". During the route itself I don't get a thing. Anyone have an insight into this?

Closed Thread