User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Head Unit refusing to detect USB?

Nightly1029 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head Unit refusing to detect USB?

I have a JVC KD-A625 head unit. My iPod was working fine plugged into it for at least 6 months, then it just never detected it one morning. I've tried different cords, and the iPod works just fine hooked up to my computers. I checked the JVC manual, and I'm pretty sure it said "Keep trying!" for the suggestion. It has been broken for a couple weeks, and I can't even use my iPod in my car because it doesn't stay charged with an old fashioned audio cord. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Head Unit refusing to detect USB?

Have you recently updated your iOS firmware? My old head unit stopped working with my iPhone once I updated to iOS 5. Half of the time it doesn't charge, or will give me an error, or say there aren't any songs on, etc.

Do you have a USB flash drive or something that you can try with the head unit to ensure that your USB port isn't broken?

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

3. Thanks Nightly1029 thanked for this post
    Likes Nightly1029 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really sure what iOS I have, but plugged into iTunes, it says it's up to date. Software version 1.1.2 (It's an older iPod, not a touch or iPhone or anything) If I ever upgraded firmware, it worked fine after that. It just stopped working out of the blue as it was sitting in the car the whole time.

I tried hooking my phone up to it, I'm not really sure if it's "hooked up" with just a usb power cord, but it didn't play anything, either. If it's my head unit, does that call for a complete replacement? I don't know how it would have even broke in the first place, it wasn't put through much stress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, definitely not a firmware compatibility issue, then. Is your phone an Android? If it's not an iDevice, your head unit probably doesn't work with it. The only way to check if the USB is working is with another iPod, a flash drive, or a portable hard drive.

people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.

6. Thanks Nightly1029 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is an Android. I'll need to pick up a cheapo usb drive and see if it changes anything. I figured since the iPod works fine in the PC, it was instantly a problem with the head unit. If the flash drive does not work, would I need a new head unit to get the USB working? I'm really hoping there's like a USB on/off switch that I'm missing. = P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the flash drive is not recognized by the head unit, I think it's time to contact JVC customer support.

I know a friend of mine recently bought a JVC, and his unit out of the box wouldn't play CDs.

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use USB flash drives in my JVC and sometimes it loses connection to the device, but just unplugging it and reinserting it always fixes it.

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Closed Thread