Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

  1. #1
    Lectoid's Avatar
    Lectoid is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    I have the above mentioned head deck running two headrest monitors. When I use wireless headphones with the displays, the sound doesn't get that loud. I thought it was the headphones so I used them in a Volvo stock setup and they got real loud. Long story short it's the Pioneer deck not putting out enough juice from the "REAR AUDIO OUT" jack. I hooked two other sources (Wii and DVD player) up to the displays audio input and the wireless headphones where loud. So I know it's not the displays.

    I've searched all through the manual and I see no way to control the volume on this jack, but it sounds like it's not pushing the normal voltage that it should be. Anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to/shouldn't have to buy a line level booster.

    Thanks.







  2. #2
    rfmayhem's Avatar
    rfmayhem is offline audio4life



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    near your
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lectoid View Post
    I have the above mentioned head deck running two headrest monitors. When I use wireless headphones with the displays, the sound doesn't get that loud. I thought it was the headphones so I used them in a Volvo stock setup and they got real loud. Long story short it's the Pioneer deck not putting out enough juice from the "REAR AUDIO OUT" jack. I hooked two other sources (Wii and DVD player) up to the displays audio input and the wireless headphones where loud. So I know it's not the displays.

    I've searched all through the manual and I see no way to control the volume on this jack, but it sounds like it's not pushing the normal voltage that it should be. Anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to/shouldn't have to buy a line level booster.

    Thanks.
    did you try turning the volume up on the monitors?




  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    See if you can turn up your source level adjustment(or SLA).




    Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway


  4. #4
    Lectoid's Avatar
    Lectoid is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    The headrest monitors volume is maxed. And like I said it's louder at the same volume with a different source.

    The SLA only adjusts the gain to the radio, not coming out of it. I called Pioneer and they confirmed this volume isn't adjustable. I'm going to buy a Line level driver to boost the RCA voltage. That's probably the simplest solution.




  5. #5
    rfmayhem's Avatar
    rfmayhem is offline audio4life



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    near your
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    please let me know if the line driver work am looking to buy the same radio




  6. #6
    Lectoid's Avatar
    Lectoid is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    Quote Originally Posted by rfmayhem View Post
    please let me know if the line driver work am looking to buy the same radio
    It will be here Monday, so keep checking after the weekend and I will post an update. This is only an issue if you plan on using rear displays for kids or whoever. This doesn't affect any other operation of the radio.




  7. #7
    Lectoid's Avatar
    Lectoid is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    IT WORKS!!!. I bought one of those PAC LD-10 things off of ebay for $20 and some 1 mail - 2 mail splitters, and now I have a louder signal to my read displays/wireless headsets. It ***** I had to use it, but I'm glad that it was an easy fix.




  8. #8
    rfmayhem's Avatar
    rfmayhem is offline audio4life



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    near your
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lectoid View Post
    IT WORKS!!!. I bought one of those PAC LD-10 things off of ebay for $20 and some 1 mail - 2 mail splitters, and now I have a louder signal to my read displays/wireless headsets. It ***** I had to use it, but I'm glad that it was an easy fix.
    does that line drive need power to it and can i run my ipod up front while the kids watch/listen to dvd




  9. #9
    Lectoid's Avatar
    Lectoid is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

    Yes, the PAC LD-10 line driver does need 12v, I just hooked it to the amp line from the radio. And yes on the other question. You can listen to the radio, ipod, Pandora, etc. while the kids are watching a movie in the back.

    If they are watching a DVD, then you can't listen to a CD because the drive is in use for the DVD. Now if they are watching a movie from the SD card, then you can use the CD/DVD drive for the front source.




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with rear audio out for Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
    By tanneritekid in forum Head Units
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 10:31 AM
  2. trade my Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD and soundstream amp for audiobahn sub's
    By 300m_on_xxx in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 01:14 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum