Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Clarion equalizer

aj813 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clarion equalizer

I've been checking out clarions equalizer and read some good reviews on it. I was wondering because I'm planning on buying a flip out receiver from clarion that does have a built in equalizer......would the clarion equalizer be beneficial to my audio system or would it be pointless?

Darkrider is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clarion equalizer

I have the Clarion EQS-746 and I like it. If the receiver has 7 or more bands, you might should just try it and see if you like it first.

2010 Camaro SS w/
    * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX P99RS & Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2-Mosconi AS200.4 * 2-JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal KRX2's * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
    2014 Cruze w/
    * XS Power D4800 * Alpine INE-S920HD * Metra Kit * Mosconi AS200.4 * 2-JL Audio 12W6v3 * Mosconi AS100.4 * Focal P165 V15

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

i've ran and installed the EQS-746 as well. it's nice for easy-to-reach sub level control (some HU's hid sub level in menus) and for easy EQ tweaking. it also can drive the signal to the amps better than some HU's. it's cheap enough to play with and see what you think.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

*My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html]
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

nitecwlr is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm curious what the answer to this question is too. I've seen so many people buy the EQS746 its crazy and I have no idea why they all choose that over the other million other choices out there.

Spldecendant is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I feel with mine it would cause distortion with all the extra rca's and that it's not worth to get at all

Closed Thread