Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Review: Ipod inside Sony DSX-S200X

jaross is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Review: Ipod inside Sony DSX-S200X

This is the middle of the 3 ipod inside headunits sony makes. This one has 4 lines of text which is nice. The bottom of the line has only one. The top of the line is like this one with bluetooth and better iphone integration. If I had an iphone which I wanted to play music from I would suggest that one. I bought it for $120 on Crutch. Great value I would say.

The navigation doesn't remember where you were the previous time you hit the browse button. It is fairly quick with the "auto scroll" and the ability to browse the alphabet but this is still rather annoying. My old Pioneer did remember where it was the last time you browsed.

pros:
    Ipod inside! I generally have a lot of the Loudness and auto dynamic adjustments turned off, but it has a great custom EQ and many other nice settings. Manual dimmer control is great. The unit doesn't look terribly out of place on the dash of an '80s european car either, switched the color to red and that helped out a lot. It has a setting when you are browsing the ipod you can switch to an alphabet to get to what you want faster. You can turn off the beep button noise which is great!

cons:
    Some may find the text on the display too small. I would suggest the bottom of the line in that case. No memory of where you last were browsing, it just goes back to "A" every time. Even though you can turn off the "unit left inside" warning when you turn off your car, it still beeps at you. Scroll and navigation button can tilt when you just want to hit the center down on it if you are not careful. Build quality is pretty low but better then a lot of headunits I would say. I would not say there are many good solid built headunits at all. My guess would be Jensen heavy duty would be the only HU I would be happy with when I touch the buttons and they don't wobble.

Overall I'm satisfied. Couldn't compare sound quality because it is in a new to me car that came without a headunit.
    Last edited by jaross; 02-26-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: change title, added "review"

jaross is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Review: Ipod inside Sony DSX-S200X

mods, can you move this to head unit reviews? sorry..

The_Grimy_One is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Re: Review: Ipod inside Sony DSX-S200X

I was interested in this deck a while back. But didnt like how you were prompted to take out the iPod every time you got out of the car. That is way too much work. I leave my iPod in the glove box for weeks! Of course its hot here, and its slowly dying, but it has treated me well for years.

Deck: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front Stage: Incriminator Audio I65C / Front Amp: Alpine MRV F540
    Sub: 12" Sundown ZV3 / Sub Amp: MMATS 2000.1
    Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree
    Traded With: ge_off_me, Imjtnotu

Closed Thread