Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ? about JVC KD-HD720

bigdog is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

? about JVC KD-HD720

Anyone know if the JVC KD-HD720 double din is any good ? sound etc. I don't need DVD ,nav.or blue tooth. I do like that it is HD.
    Thanks for looking

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ? about JVC KD-HD720

Anyone !?!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    Anyone know if the JVC KD-HD720 double din is any good ? sound etc. I don't need DVD ,nav.or blue tooth. I do like that it is HD.
    Thanks for looking

maylar is offline Electrical Weenie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I have one and have mixed feelings about it. The HD radio is cool, though the sensitivity is poor (typical of HD I think). The variable color display and front panel USB are nice features too. I also like the separate sub preouts. Sound quality is good, and i was able to integrate it into my steering wheel controls (mostly).

What I don't like is it only has 3 band equalizer and one level of loudness contour. The settings menus are complicated and the owners manual is lame on details. I'm thinking I shudda gone with the Pioneer 2 DIN.

dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you.
    Im with you on the owners manual being lame on details.
    Also states that :
    High-Pass Filter: You can activate a variable high-pass filter for the unit's front & rear channels (speaker- or preamp-level), so low frequency signals are cut off from your system's front & rear speakers. You can set the cutoff frequency of the high-pass filter at 62Hz, 95Hz, or 135Hz.
    I still haven't figured out how to do that. All I see is that you can turn the HPF on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by maylar View Post
    I have one and have mixed feelings about it. The HD radio is cool, though the sensitivity is poor (typical of HD I think). The variable color display and front panel USB are nice features too. I also like the separate sub preouts. Sound quality is good, and i was able to integrate it into my steering wheel controls (mostly).

What I don't like is it only has 3 band equalizer and one level of loudness contour. The settings menus are complicated and the owners manual is lame on details. I'm thinking I shudda gone with the Pioneer 2 DIN.

Closed Thread