Closed Thread

Reload Thread: replacing kenwood headunit W/BRAIN with alpine WO/BRAIN

VTdirty is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

replacing kenwood headunit W/BRAIN with alpine WO/BRAIN

I had a kenwood single din dvd headunit that got fucked up by a shop that was putting in a ipod hook up for me. long story i got ripped of and never got the headunit back or fixed. So i want to take an alpine out of another car i have and put it in the truck. My question is the kenwood had a "Kenwood Monitor w/DVD Reciever Hide-Away Unit" or "Brain" it doesn't seem to be hooked up to the amp but I have limited experience with this stuff and wanted to see if anyone knows what i should do in this situation. Do i just wire up the head unit harnesses and hope for the best? Or is there something I can check to make sure the Brain won't be interfering with the alpine?

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: replacing kenwood headunit W/BRAIN with alpine WO/BRAIN

the "brain" on the kenwood wont work with any other unit... if thats what your asking?

and if your just trying to hook up a new HU in place of the old, i would check your wiring harness... make sure its the original one for the car... the kenwood hideaway units run a wiring harness back from the stock harness.... but if thats disconnected, you should be straight to trow the new one in

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

VTdirty is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: replacing kenwood headunit W/BRAIN with alpine WO/BRAIN

i'm trying to hook up an new head unit so the brain will be removed. what do you mean by "back from the stock harness"??

Closed Thread