Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

replacing kenwood headunit W/BRAIN with alpine WO/BRAIN

I had a kenwood single din dvd headunit that got fucked up by a shop that was putting in a ipod hook up for me. long story i got ripped of and never got the headunit back or fixed. So i want to take an alpine out of another car i have and put it in the truck. My question is the kenwood had a "Kenwood Monitor w/DVD Reciever Hide-Away Unit" or "Brain" it doesn't seem to be hooked up to the amp but I have limited experience with this stuff and wanted to see if anyone knows what i should do in this situation. Do i just wire up the head unit harnesses and hope for the best? Or is there something I can check to make sure the Brain won't be interfering with the alpine?

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Re: replacing kenwood headunit W/BRAIN with alpine WO/BRAIN

the "brain" on the kenwood wont work with any other unit... if thats what your asking?

and if your just trying to hook up a new HU in place of the old, i would check your wiring harness... make sure its the original one for the car... the kenwood hideaway units run a wiring harness back from the stock harness.... but if thats disconnected, you should be straight to trow the new one in

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

VTdirty is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: replacing kenwood headunit W/BRAIN with alpine WO/BRAIN

i'm trying to hook up an new head unit so the brain will be removed. what do you mean by "back from the stock harness"??

Closed Thread

User Tag List