Closed Thread

Reload Thread: help RCA Q?

micro4hard is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon7 help RCA Q?

new here i am not an audio experet but always had my nice soundidng systems in all my past cars, i just got a new car and would like to get this head unit double din Eclipse cd1200g, the problem is it does not have a sub out only frnt and rear rca's. My questions is could i do with out sub outs and use rear rca, i looked for awnsers but found nothing and for the price and brand is to good to pass, please explain kinderganden style any soulutions as i know how to install but have done it very little, i also just like right amonut of bass nothing crazy but clean bass to complement tracks, the amp used will be a small punch 200-2 with a 10" pioneer but lately have been considering a small 8" inside the cabin any thought on this thanks

subzero is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Re: help RCA Q?

Quote Originally Posted by micro4hard View Post
    new here i am not an audio experet but always had my nice soundidng systems in all my past cars, i just got a new car and would like to get this head unit double din Eclipse cd1200g, the problem is it does not have a sub out only frnt and rear rca's. My questions is could i do with out sub outs and use rear rca, i looked for awnsers but found nothing and for the price and brand is to good to pass, please explain kinderganden style any soulutions as i know how to install but have done it very little, i also just like right amonut of bass nothing crazy but clean bass to complement tracks, the amp used will be a small punch 200-2 with a 10" pioneer but lately have been considering a small 8" inside the cabin any thought on this thanks
    Yes you can us the rear. but I would suggest getting a bass maximizer or similar xover / eq thingy.
    Amazon.com: Brand New Clarion Mcd360 3 Way 6 Channel Electronic Crossover w/ Subwoofer Control: Electronics

subzero is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

micro4hard is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon7 Re: help RCA Q?

the problem is that before purchasing one of those i could get a radio for that kind of money that has sub out, i read somewhere that you could mix both frnt and rear and get a sub output with y cables how does that work?, also does i think the amp has crossovers , does in it? thanks for the quick replys looks like i came to the right place for advice

Closed Thread