Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New To All Car Audio

numerounoff is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New To All Car Audio

Hi,
    I am a really hard core noob when it comes to all of car audio in general.
    I am 16 so driving and all of the stereo business is very new to me.
    Since I am new to all of this I need some help when it comes to choosing a new HU for my 1984 Blazer. Right now I have a stereo that is mainly stock except for the HU that is in it. The HU is a Blapunkt or whatever that brand is. I am locked out of it so it doesn't work.
    So onto my main question; what should I get for a new HU? My Blazer is a single din.
    I have been looking online for a new HU and speakers and such and I have come across many different brands, but I don't know what to get.
    My dad has told me to look at brands like Clarion, Pioneer, and Alpine. But he told me to stay away from Pyle, Boss, and other brands of that sort.
    I don't need anything super fancy but I do want something that has Bluetooth and is under $150.
    Help me out guys.

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: New To All Car Audio

Check out this site, has many decks and a lot of them come with installation accessories.

Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers

Check out Pionner, Eclipse, Kenwood, Clarion, Alpine

Your dad must know a thing or 2 because he is right about the brands to look for and the brands to stay away from.

It really all depends on what you are looking for in a deck, can't really pick one for you, just have to do a bit of looking. Once you find one, you can always post it here and ask about it.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Closed Thread