Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Help!! Old lady is guna strangle me for buying a CDA-117 !!

capnjack98 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon8 Need Help!! Old lady is guna strangle me for buying a CDA-117 !!

Guys im new here, but not to the audio world. Ive always owned better then the average Smoe systems, but over the last 5years or so i havent really kept up!!

We juuust got back from BestBuy and they had a Alpine CDA -117 onsale for $160 bux w/ some Alpine 6.5' fronts for $70. She wanted the $100 Sony that she was familiar with ( this is all for her car), but alas I talked her into getting the BIG AL.

Now i know that it was akiller deal, but im thinking it is too much for a chick that wants to plug her Ipod in and bop down the road!! Heres the problem......

Allls she wanted was to be able to listen to her ipod and control it from the head unit ( which u can) Buuuut i cant figure out how to get the unit to play her rhapsody list and not the "music file" that comes with the pod itself!!

It will only play from her Rhap list if she presses play on the pod, it only plays one song from the list then stops, you CANNOT control it from the headunit, aaaand it wont even recognize my ipod which is the newest touch!! WTF is going on here?!

Is there some settings on the pod or head unit? Seems to me you should be able to plug it into the Pod via USB cable have it pop up on your head unit throw ur Ipod in the glove box and control everything from the CDA!

She paid almost $500 for bestbuy to put this fukin thing in, and shes misreable cuzz it wont do the onething she wanted!! ( HU -$160 FS - $75 GM monte carlo harness - $100 install labor -$100)

Ive been out of the game too long and need help!

NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2804 Post(s)

Re: Need Help!! Old lady is guna strangle me for buying a CDA-117 !!

If you bought it at Best Buy it wasn't a deal. Just put it on iTunes. It should have a iPod cable that comes from the back of the deck.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BestBuy's actual name is BestBuyForPeopleWhoGetFooledEasily

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Alright, well I went to Alpine's website. They show compatibility for the 1G and 2G touch, and 2G and 3G iPhone. Then 1G, 2G Classic, 1-4G nano, and 5G video.

Also, when you say rhapsody, do you mean an app on her iPod? If so, no head unit is able to control an app on the iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1375 Post(s)

if you spent 500 putting it in you coulda got this: Kenwood KVT-516 (kvt516) In-Dash 7" Touchscreen TFT LCD Monitor

Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

Closed Thread

User Tag List