Reload Thread: Head unit to replace Nakamichi CD45z

Playdog is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head unit to replace Nakamichi CD45z

Been a while since I've been into the car audio scene, I used to be a member here years ago but have long since lost the log-in info if it's even still active.

I'm looking to replace my current Nakamichi CD45z soon. I love the Nak but I only use it with my iPhone through the aux input, the CD player stopped working recently, and I'd like to transfer it to another car and replace the unit in my daily driver. I like the simple, no frills interface, and would prefer to have something similar that's clean and simple. I don't need flashy screensavers, video, etc. The Nak almost looks like a factory unit which I love. Does anybody make anything like that anymore? I'd prefer to stick around $300, $400 tops.

I was looking at replacing it with Nak CD400 or Pioneer MVH-P7300 (I don't really need the CD player) for the built-in iPhone control, but was wondering there may be some other options to consider. Let me know what you think.

My current setup is as follows:

Nakamichi CD45z

Front End:
    Kicker SX700.4 w/ in-dash controller
    Alpine Type X Components
    Elemental Designs 6.5" mini-subs as mid-bass

Sub:
    Kicker KX600.1
    Eclipse Titanium 12

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Head unit to replace Nakamichi CD45z

what about that alpine media player? it doesnt use cd's only uses ipod or mp3 player hookups. i forgot the model # but can find it for you

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Playdog is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestion; the Alpine iDA-X305S looks interesting, I'll definitely add it to my list to check out. I do like the look of the Pioneer model a bit more, it's got a cleaner aesthetic IMO. The Pioneer's also a bit cheaper and has higher voltage pre-outs (although never really had a problem with noise). Any input on which would have better iPod/iPhone control?

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've messed with friends' Alpine decks that were like these and they weren't bad. Never really messed with the pioneer one. One buddy of mine swears by that Alpine deck though for his iPhone

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

DMV1919 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you haven't already decided, my pioneer mvh-p8300 (basically same as 7300) just arrived last night, i'm planning on installing it tonight

i'll let you know what i think about it when its in

Closed Thread