Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Bad Squealing From Kenwood X794

The other night I noticed a bad squealing from my HU when the volume is down or off. I can drown it out by turning it up really loud though.
    Came out of no where, and never did it before. The higher I rev the car the louder it gets. Now, sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt. It seems that if I play music with it turned up loud enough it stops after a couple minutes, but that might be a coincidence.

Ive had it for months without issue.

Bought From : BumpinKota (PA P2250D), mmouse57 (wire), Massiveaudiocw (2xSA10s), Slayerx (DSC480, GM-5400t), Outsideshot23 (wire), cdimic25 (HC600), Pro-Rabbit (box)
    Sold To : Spooney (PA P2250D), nd_6037 (GM-5400T), Heeltoeclutch (distro/RCAs), BlactimusCrime (Kenwood HU)
    Other Refs : EOCF.com itrader (cecil), heatware (cecil), ebay (ctmaudirs6)
    2007 Altima 2.5S Sedan - Kenwood KDC-X794 - Crescendo CCX65 - Onyx-480 - AA Havoc 12 D2 - Onyx 1500D - 2.25 net @ 31Hz
    Stock 110amp alt - stock battery - 1/0 kicker hyperflex back to Kinetik HC600 - 1/0 Knu Kolossus Big 3

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1488 Post(s)

Re: Bad Squealing From Kenwood X794

are any of the wires in the harness being shorted out?

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

could be the same problem like the pioneer pico fuse,had this happen to me with my x994 grounded the rcas and it went away

ctmaudi is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I know this is old, but I never got a chance to work on it till now.

Firstly, I started getting a bad crackling a couple weeks ago through the tweeters, then in the past couple days it would just shut off by itself, then come back on.
    Found the cause for that, my power wire from the alt to the battery fell out of the terminal, and was melted up against the heat sheild, sparking. Luckily it never caught fire.

So I removed that, I tried grounding the RCAs on the HU, I tried running a 4awg wire from the HU ground to the battery, and I even tried another HU. Nothing fixed the whine.

It does it 9/10 I start the car, but there are still random times that it doesnt do it. If I just turn the car electriconics on without starting, it doesnt do it, only when the engine is running.

It seems like it started doing it once its starting getting warm out. It almost seems as if the hotter it is, the louder is it, but it could just be getting worse over time and just a coinicidence.

I made a quick vid.
    http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/a...6-20-12-49.mp4

Bought From : BumpinKota (PA P2250D), mmouse57 (wire), Massiveaudiocw (2xSA10s), Slayerx (DSC480, GM-5400t), Outsideshot23 (wire), cdimic25 (HC600), Pro-Rabbit (box)
    Sold To : Spooney (PA P2250D), nd_6037 (GM-5400T), Heeltoeclutch (distro/RCAs), BlactimusCrime (Kenwood HU)
    Other Refs : EOCF.com itrader (cecil), heatware (cecil), ebay (ctmaudirs6)
    2007 Altima 2.5S Sedan - Kenwood KDC-X794 - Crescendo CCX65 - Onyx-480 - AA Havoc 12 D2 - Onyx 1500D - 2.25 net @ 31Hz
    Stock 110amp alt - stock battery - 1/0 kicker hyperflex back to Kinetik HC600 - 1/0 Knu Kolossus Big 3

Closed Thread

User Tag List