Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Online wiring diagrams don't match car

#45 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Online wiring diagrams don't match car

my stepson has a 94 chrysler lebaron coupe with stock HU. So i'm hooking it up and he did not have a wiring harness and probably not the money to get one either. i check google for the speaker wiring diagram. Well the ones i found do not match too well. For starters the diagrams show Red as power and on his car its Pink and basically all the colors are different.

There are 2 wiring harness'es that went to the stock HU, one side has the power stuff, other has the speakers. However on the spaker side there are 7 wires that feed 4 speakers. So i'm missing a wire OR its on the other part of the harness cause there are a couple or three wires that i have no clue what they are exactly. Which would be wierd.

So the pair of greens has to go to one of the front speakers...but it doesnt work. The other front ..well i have no idea cause there is only 1 wire left which is purple and there is no other purple wire. The rear speakers work just fine, balance and fade are at 0.

Why the *** is there 7 wires for 4 speakers? it will be a pain to run new speaker wires assuming the front outputs of the Newer HU even work...its a pioneer, used. all speakers work on stock HU, but since their wire colors don't match any of the diagrams i'm looking at, not sure what to do from here other than run all new speaker wire. which i'm not bothering with.

LOL's out to ......

Written By Nick, Albuquerque, NM

If you can afford L7's you won't be dissapointed, they are incredible. All my buddies who have them have blown out their windows, I'm afraid to turn mine up that loud. If you can give them a lot of power they will beat any other sub hands down. At low gain and no bass boost it is so loud it is actually hard to breathe.

#45 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Online wiring diagrams don't match car

this site is the main one i found.1994 Chrysler Lebaron Stereo Wiring Information
    the colors are off. For instance the brown group speakers on the diagram say LEFT rear, but on his car its RIGHT rear and there is no Yellow stripe on the brown negative, its red on his car. There is no orange white wire on his car nor a Red wire as his is pink.

LOL's out to ......

If you can afford L7's you won't be dissapointed, they are incredible. All my buddies who have them have blown out their windows, I'm afraid to turn mine up that loud. If you can give them a lot of power they will beat any other sub hands down. At low gain and no bass boost it is so loud it is actually hard to breathe.

Audiohazzard is offline Audiohazzard

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you have an DVM? If so you can set it to read ohms and ohm the wires out for the speakers. Should be a 4ohm load on the lebaron speakers. Good luck man

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

didn't some of those come with a factory infinity system?

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

#45 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohazzard View Post
    Do you have an DVM? If so you can set it to read ohms and ohm the wires out for the speakers. Should be a 4ohm load on the lebaron speakers. Good luck man
    i have a cheap multimeter. I'll have to check to see if it has ohm setting. thanks.
    However he told me today that his rear speakers quit working...he blares his music full blast. he may have blown them but both? and on HU power?...i really hoped to do a quick simple half *** job since knowing him, they'll get stolen in a few months anyway.

LOL's out to ......

Audiohazzard is offline Audiohazzard

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you DMM have an Ohm setting?

OmegaBunny is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

2007 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser with Box built by Pro-Rabbit
    H/U Kenwood DNX6960
    Sub: 1-18" Zv3 with NS coils and cone Sub Amp: Mmats 2100.2
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio L6 mids, SEAS Neo Tweets, SAX 100.4, RF 3sixty.2
    Bought From: Rio, davidtemple, Bassin Buick, Pro-Rabbit, Kangaroux, KyleBechtold Traded With: WhiteDragon551 Sold To: jdmeklove, Kpozr2, 97accordalpine

Closed Thread