I'm sure that's a dumb question, but I had to ask.
Here's the problem: I couldn't use the balance function on my Pioneer P4000dvd, so I started troubleshooting:
1. The first thing I did was to make sure the fader and balance functions were equal.
2. At the amp, I switched the RCA's and the sound switched sides accordingly.
3. I tried another set and the same thing occurred, so I ruled out bad RCA's.
4. At the back of the HU, I took the red rca and put it in the FL output and tried it to both the left and right inputs on the amp, both speakers gave output accordingly.
5. When I put the same red rca in the FR output, no sound came out of either speaker.
Is it now safe to assume that the pre-out is bad on my HU? I've had the deck for a few years now, so I'm sure it's past the warranty, what are the options that I have?