Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Bypassing parking brake wire on Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

rbtrucking is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bypassing parking brake wire on Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

I ordered the 12v relay and I know how to wire it and everything. I have the diagram, I just realized I don't have any extra wire that is specifically made for the job to do it. I was wondering if I could just use some 12gauge speaker wire I have laying around to connect the relay to the harness?? Or would this result in a fire hazard or shorting something out? Thanks and I apologize if this is a stupid question.

zakolson5 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bypassing parking brake wire on Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

nope you'll be fine i had to resort to the same thing for mine until i got a chance to go to the hardware store. I did not have any problems

lionfamlee is offline Premium Member lionfamlee is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can use it, but I would recommend going down and getting some 12 to 14 gauge colored or non colored wire from a parts store. A few bucks at most. The colored wire makes it esier when you have to go back in a mess around; you know by the color whether something power, ground, continuous power, or remote power.The speaker wire you have on hand will not cause a fire hazard as long as everything is wired correctly of course.

Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

16 gauge should be fine IMO and make surez you have plenty of female quick disconnects (insulated preferably). I put a quick disconnect on the remote turn-on to amp wire - otherwise you'd have a non-disconnectable wire from your HU to amp that'd you'd have to crimp in the car. Insulated side on the from-relay wire. . and good choice on HU.

Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

Closed Thread