Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

keep frying ipod adapter

i have a pioneer 880prs and the other day at a comp i was about to do a hair trick and next thing you know i had some weird noise come out of all my speakers and subs and my deck shut off. So i turn it back on and nothing happened then i smelled something that was burning and come to find out it was my CD-IB100 (ipod adapter) so i figured it was done for so i bought a new one .
    I hook it up last night and the deck wouldnt read the ipod so and then i looked at the box and it was smoking again. everything bud the wiring harness that goes from the board to the ipod was fine but i burnt up a ground and some other wires and dont know why.

Do you think the IB bus on the back of the deck is some how messed up internally or what do you think could be causin

still have alot of stuff i need to invest in

880prs/Front-Hybrid Audio Technology Legatia L8 L3 L1v2 3-way/Sub- 3 blown MB Quart RLP-304 shallow mount 12s/Sub Amp- Visonik v2908/4ch- DD C4a

REFS: B:Louisiana_CRX, amartin_72, SPL KID, Bhhong, K_schutte, Fraze, hllywood29, Andrew_as,S:Jh8909 ,info,teenT:robertawdgsx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Re: keep frying ipod adapter

sounds like a problem with the deck. maybe a shorted terminal on the bus connecter is shooting power or ground somewhere it shouldnt be. This is why i stick with excelon,eclipse, or alpine. Pioneer's build quality and taken a huge nose dive in the last 5-10 years

9515ROB is offline TEAM DTF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Re: keep frying ipod adapter

yeah thats what i was thinking i kinda figured it was something inside that was the problem i just didnt know if maybe some else had a problem like this and fixed it another way

still have alot of stuff i need to invest in

880prs/Front-Hybrid Audio Technology Legatia L8 L3 L1v2 3-way/Sub- 3 blown MB Quart RLP-304 shallow mount 12s/Sub Amp- Visonik v2908/4ch- DD C4a

REFS: B:Louisiana_CRX, amartin_72, SPL KID, Bhhong, K_schutte, Fraze, hllywood29, Andrew_as,S:Jh8909 ,info,teenT:robertawdgsx

Closed Thread

User Tag List