Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57

Reload Thread: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

  1. #31
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    12,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    What do you need USB for may I ask? It may be useless depending on what you need it for.

    Ive had an Eclipse CD7000 and switched to my 9887. I loved both decks. The CD7000 had a more pure sound. The 9887 sounds more warm and adds some coloring to the sound, but I like it. The 9887 has more features.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III




  2. #32
    dumple's Avatar
    dumple is offline What's in your trunk?



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    My cd5030



    Jbl ms8
    Pioneer appradio3
    Phd Studio neo 6.5s
    Polk db tweeters
    Cdt m6+
    Stereo integrity Magnum Claw v1
    cream jean of sound 8======D~
    refs: Lil_KB, jesusbasscadill, Crzy, Wkbdkid, bigwheel15, groggy23, kenbei, Belunt (awesomebox), Nissan, shallowfu, jonnybusa, alxmlr789, pioneerpimp, peas247, ravens9322, sundownz, audiobahnuser18, [email]nbesaw2@new.rr, jared530, brenTgrillzem, Revrider1

  3. #33
    axeten's Avatar
    axeten is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    What do you need USB for may I ask? It may be useless depending on what you need it for.

    Ive had an Eclipse CD7000 and switched to my 9887. I loved both decks. The CD7000 had a more pure sound. The 9887 sounds more warm and adds some coloring to the sound, but I like it. The 9887 has more features.
    I want USB so i can have my music on my hard drive. I have an alpine now but unless they change the banking feature i wont be getting another one.




  4. #34
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    12,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by axeten View Post
    I want USB so i can have my music on my hard drive. I have an alpine now but unless they change the banking feature i wont be getting another one.
    The P880/P800 PRS has a USB module. You can also look at the Eclipse CD7100 or 5100.

    Amazon.com: NEW ECLIPSE CD5100 CAR CD/MP3/USB RECEIVER w/NAVIGATION: Electronics



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

  5. #35
    axeten's Avatar
    axeten is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    The P880/P800 PRS has a USB module. You can also look at the Eclipse CD7100 or 5100.

    Amazon.com: NEW ECLIPSE CD5100 CAR CD/MP3/USB RECEIVER w/NAVIGATION: Electronics
    I love the look and features of the PRS models but at $549 plus another $109 for the USB module its goin to be too expensive. Is the 7200 eclipse no good? Lots of people seem to mention the 7100 over the 7200?




  6. #36
    CL1CKCLACK's Avatar
    CL1CKCLACK is offline CarAudio.com Boss



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Land Of The Hicks...
    Age
    20
    Posts
    5,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    i love my pioneer 980bt, and ive had kenwoods, and alpines. but would take this over those any day



    1996 Mitsu Clipse GSX 450whp
    1997 Eagle Talon TSI

    refs:
    wes007parks, ridinswangaz, madmat, treylittlefield, mendezm9
    MHD2000, RetroAudioInc, power-fanatic07, Carnivorous18, Spltuscon
    Ridinhi, Wingsfreak9, Pro-Rabbit, 2000LaDe, nom nom
    DBBOOM, hrtbrk1, dgaf_, dirtbikkerrob, Nik592, SkylineTT

  7. #37
    axeten's Avatar
    axeten is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by [zack] View Post
    i love my pioneer 980bt, and ive had kenwoods, and alpines. but would take this over those any day
    Again, No USB connection which doesnt help.....
    I think i will go with eclipse again. Probably the 5030 or the 7200 mkII since they have USB, vluetooth and i know the sound quality will be great. I need to find out where to buy the MEI-100 microphone for auto tuning. Cant find any on ebay




  8. #38
    axeten's Avatar
    axeten is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Great,

    Woofersetc site that i have been looking at have a bunch of decks listed but in the small print say not available. This means the 7200 eclipse and the pioneer PRS models are all out. Dont want alpine cause of the banking feature. Pioneer doesnt have USB in. The JVC has burr browns, bluetooth and USB in but i have never seen/dealt with JVC so i dont know......
    Other option is get the 5100 eclipse and miss out on bluetooth.

    Does anyone know any sites that have the 7200 eclipse or the PRS pioneer models in stock or is it just ebay/amazon for them now?




  9. #39
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    12,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by axeten View Post
    I love the look and features of the PRS models but at $549 plus another $109 for the USB module its goin to be too expensive. Is the 7200 eclipse no good? Lots of people seem to mention the 7100 over the 7200?
    Its a great unit. The 7200 is just a dead head meaning it has no internal amp which means no speakers unless you have a 4 channel hooked up.

    Quote Originally Posted by axeten View Post
    Again, No USB connection which doesnt help.....
    I think i will go with eclipse again. Probably the 5030 or the 7200 mkII since they have USB, vluetooth and i know the sound quality will be great. I need to find out where to buy the MEI-100 microphone for auto tuning. Cant find any on ebay
    You will have a terrible time getting the mic. Took me 8+ months to find one. Numerous people wanted to buy it for well over what they retailed for and I kept it anyways. I sold it with the HU because they are that hard to find. Even United Radio and Mito, Eclipse North American parts supplies, dont have access to those parts anymore which makes it even harder now.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

  10. #40
    axeten's Avatar
    axeten is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    This is awesome....... Why are there no head units that have all the features i want..... It seems that al the brands are just making cheap stuff now or the real top end (P99RS) and nothing in between.
    I'll keep reading and searching and come up to some conclusion i guess.




  11. #41
    *SlappinAzz*'s Avatar
    *SlappinAzz* is offline Shoot em



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by axeten View Post
    This is awesome....... Why are there no head units that have all the features i want..... It seems that al the brands are just making cheap stuff now or the real top end (P99RS) and nothing in between.
    I'll keep reading and searching and come up to some conclusion i guess.
    why not this? Ive heard nothing but good reviews on it.

    Amazon.com: Kenwood KDC-X994 eXcelon In-Dash CD Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth: Electronics




  12. #42
    axeten's Avatar
    axeten is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Thats actually the one i was just looking at again. I took it out of the list since the others had burr brown DAC's which are supposed to be the best but this still has 24 bit converters so should be ok. The JVC looks good except it has a tiny screen. So this might have to be the one.




  13. #43
    *SlappinAzz*'s Avatar
    *SlappinAzz* is offline Shoot em



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by axeten View Post
    Thats actually the one i was just looking at again. I took it out of the list since the others had burr brown DAC's which are supposed to be the best but this still has 24 bit converters so should be ok. The JVC looks good except it has a tiny screen. So this might have to be the one.
    I think you will be happy. Just get some nice 4 or 2 channels to go with it.




  14. #44
    axeten's Avatar
    axeten is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Western Australia
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
    I think you will be happy. Just get some nice 4 or 2 channels to go with it.
    Yeah i got a PDX.F4 running Type x pro (front) and type x reference (rear) components and a PDX.M6 for the JL 13TW5.




  15. #45
    *SlappinAzz*'s Avatar
    *SlappinAzz* is offline Shoot em



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which one of these decks is better for sound quality? Anyone tried them?

    Quote Originally Posted by axeten View Post
    Yeah i got a PDX.F4 running Type x pro (front) and type x reference (rear) components and a PDX.M6 for the JL 13TW5.
    nice, how do the type x's sound?




Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum