Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sales guy says Kenwood KDC-x994 is much better than Kenwood KIV-700......why?

Z3M
    Z3M is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sales guy says Kenwood KDC-x994 is much better than Kenwood KIV-700......why?

I'm down to a Kenwood KIV-700 or a Kenwood KDC-x994. I compared these 2 HU on KenwoodUSA and Crutchfield. I understand the differences between them. That being said, the sales guy I was talking to highly reccomends the x994 over the KIV-700. When I asked why, the sales guy said the x994 has more sound configuration settings than the KIV-700. I can't find the sound configuration differences between the KIV-700 and the KDC-x994.

Are there any sound configuration difference between the KIV-700 and the KDC-x994 or is this sales guy wrong. I could go either on this purchase.

BMW M Roadster
    HU: either one of these listed above
    Speakers: either the Hertz Hi-Energy HSK 165 or Boston Acoustics SR65
    Amp: Alpine PDX 4.150
    Siruis satellite
    Sub: Still trying to figure this one out

coleadcock is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sales guy says Kenwood KDC-x994 is much better than Kenwood KIV-700......why?

humm, they both seem to have time alignment and dsp and 5 band eq, only difference i see is the 994 has 4v pre outs and a cd player

hzsogood is offline **The Clean South**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sales guy says Kenwood KDC-x994 is much better than Kenwood KIV-700......why?

yea I think the KIV is basically just a hi end media player

Ref: Zeuslicious -

2 DC lvl3 12's
    Memphis Mc-1000d
    46 hz 146.8 new TL

hzsogood is offline **The Clean South**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ID do the KIV with a changer

Ref: Zeuslicious -

2 DC lvl3 12's
    Memphis Mc-1000d
    46 hz 146.8 new TL

DonH is offline .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

KIV has a much better larger screen. so if your going ipod only do that. same tuning abilities without the bluetooth of the X994 which comes straight out of the box no extra add ons. they both have pros and cons. i wouldnt do the KIV as i like cd's still. but the 994 is amazingly fast with the USB with ipod and Thumb drive. my opinion find a shop with both on display and mess with them. c which one you like most

Quote Originally Posted by chillin View Post
    How do you bridge a mono?
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post
    throw it off one.
    feedback thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/402726-d-man1s-official-feedback-thread-2.html

12voltz+- is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

the kvi of course doesn't have the built in bluetooth and the cd player (mechless) but deff gives you a nicer screen the 994is more of a audiophile HU while the kvi is more of a multimedia type HU... either way both **** units and work awesome have many of the same settings and more !

Check out my work, anything from custom doors, pods, fiberglass, enclosures, lighting, audio, video, remote starts and much more!

#jmw_designs

Z3M
    Z3M is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d_man1 View Post
    KIV has a much better larger screen. so if your going ipod only do that. same tuning abilities without the bluetooth of the X994 which comes straight out of the box no extra add ons. they both have pros and cons. i wouldnt do the KIV as i like cd's still. but the 994 is amazingly fast with the USB with ipod and Thumb drive. my opinion find a shop with both on display and mess with them. c which one you like most
    Yes, I did this. I'm fine with the way both worked for me. I guess all this boils down to a larger screen or Bluetooth. My current Alpine cd-105 I've had for almost a year. I've never put a cd into it. As all this is going into a convertible, I don't have much storage and lets face it.....parked, top down, and that CD I forgot to hide will disappear.

Z3M
    Z3M is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks all for your input. I decided to go with the x994. The larger screen on the KIV-700 would be just a larger washed out screen in a convertible. I also decided to go with the Boston Acoustic SR-60.

BMW M Roadster
    HU: Kenwood KDC-x994
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics SR60
    Amp: Alpine PDX 4.150
    Siruis satellite
    Sub: Still trying to figure this one out

Closed Thread