User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Eclipse 8053 goes as high as 76 volume mine will play up to 51-55 than sounds wack

rasta4life is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eclipse 8053 goes as high as 76 volume mine will play up to 51-55 than sounds wack

My question is what my title says I have a eclipse 8053 when I play past 53 or more it starts to sound worse even though I can go as high as 76 should I lower my gains so I can go a little higher and what volume do you have to where it is loud but not to the point where it starts sounding bad.thanks

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Eclipse 8053 goes as high as 76 volume mine will play up to 51-55 than sounds wac

Just because it goes to 76 doesn't mean you're supposed to turn it up that high.

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Eclipse 8053 goes as high as 76 volume mine will play up to 51-55 than sounds wac

I dont turn that high,but what would be a sufficient volume.

Slappin azz is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rasta4life View Post
    I dont turn that high,but what would be a sufficient volume.
    What you need is an external amp to power your speakers

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a high end setup but I am trying to adjust an get the most out of my system.

Wattser93 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your equipment? Chances are once you get to that point either the internal amp is starting to clip, or it's sending a clipped signal to the speakers.
    Basically, once it sounds crappy, turn it down.
    Amps can only put out a certain amount of power. Whether or not you set your gains to maximize that power at 30/76, 50/76, or 76/76 volume, adjusting your gains to where they don't clip until 76/76, won't make a difference.

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slappin_Azz View Post
    What you need is an external amp to power your speakers
    The 8053 is a dead head, no internal amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wattser93 View Post
    What's your equipment? Chances are once you get to that point either the internal amp is starting to clip, or it's sending a clipped signal to the speakers.
    Basically, once it sounds crappy, turn it down.
    Amps can only put out a certain amount of power. Whether or not you set your gains to maximize that power at 30/76, 50/76, or 76/76 volume, adjusting your gains to where they don't clip until 76/76, won't make a difference.
    Actually, adjusting your gains to where they're as low as possible is hypothetically the best situation since it lowers the chance of noise getting into the system. I personally use the 8053, and have been for 3 years or so(8053, then 8443, and back to 8053), and that radio will not send a clipped/distorted signal. So his bad sound issue is either some sort of defect within the HU, or the gains are too high on the amp and he's clipping the signal there. With my amps, I have the gains turned all the way down and never need to turn it past 65-70 out of 80.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rasta4life View Post
    My question is what my title says I have a eclipse 8053 when I play past 53 or more it starts to sound worse even though I can go as high as 76 should I lower my gains so I can go a little higher and what volume do you have to where it is loud but not to the point where it starts sounding bad.thanks
    It sounds like you either need more power or speakers that can handle the power that you have...or you just need something that can get louder because you're trying to reach a level that your speakers cannot get to and still sound good at the same time.

What specifically are you running?

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

Closed Thread