Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine CDE-100 dimmer function? Help the night blind:)

truckmano5 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine CDE-100 dimmer function? Help the night blind:)

First of all, I know you have to laugh at the cheap receiver. Its ok. Times are hard. I bought the CDE-100 for a steal to replace my knock-off receiver that killed itself on a long trip. It is devoid of any notable functions, including sub controls. I will say that for what it costs, the CDE-100 sounds pretty good (compared to road noise). My biggest problem is the brightness of the four main buttons on the face. It's like having someone shine a blue LED flashlight in your eyes as you are driving down the road. I installed the receiver more or less correctly, using a wiring harness adapter so I wouldn't have to butcher the car harness. There is no dim wire in the receiver's harness. I have searched the receiver's limited programming and found no manual dimmer. If any of the fine folks in this forum know anything about this awesomely cheap receiver, please respond. Your assistance will help me greatly, and maybe save one or more lives at night on the roads of Virginia. Thank you!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine CDE-100 dimmer function? Help the night blind:)

Update: I called Alpine tech support, and it turns out my receiver has no dim function. If you are in southeastern virginia at night and you are hit by a white grand prix, I am so very sorry. Couldn't see you. Darn CD player blinded me.

Slappin azz is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truckmano5 View Post
    Update: I called Alpine tech support, and it turns out my receiver has no dim function. If you are in southeastern virginia at night and you are hit by a white grand prix, I am so very sorry. Couldn't see you. Darn CD player blinded me.
    don't ever drive near rappahanock, kilmarnock, chesapeake, richmond, newport news, gloustecer, virginia beach at night, incase im around those areas. If im hit by you, i will kindly pull my baseball bat out and beat your already broken bones into powder. You could be crawling on the ground calling 911 and ill still limp over to where you are, and beat you senseless. When the cops and ambulance get there, i will say you were already dead the minute you crashed into me.

peace.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't be mad at you. You'd be doin me a favor. I wouldn't be able to afford an aspirin at the hospital.

Closed Thread