Reload Thread: need help with kenwood kvt 514

pimpinmex803 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help with kenwood kvt 514

i have a kenwood kvt 514 that has a broken lcd. i was wondering if any one could tell me how to replace it myself.

refs- chaunb3400,s12mm400,ABSOLUTEAUDIO,Derrick824,slapp inX, jaredspl,Doingstuffwell,killerzracing,18inchjeepin ,Supergumby5000,Slammed,audiobahnuser18,Grinder198 9,wgsj_fortvalley,Team H&K

ahole-ic is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: need help with kenwood kvt 514

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinmex803 View Post
    i have a kenwood kvt 514 that has a broken lcd. i was wondering if any one could tell me how to replace it myself.
    If you have to ask... no. It's one of those things where if you haven't done anything like it before, you will certainly not be successful. I replaced an alpine one time. The actual connections are just a single plug in connector. That's no big deal. Getting the plastic trim piece off from around the screen is what the big deal is. It's not really made to come off so you have to know exactly how to get it off without breaking it. From there, you just unscrew the screen and unplug it and put the other one in. If you could order another plastic front trim you'd be golden because you're almost certainly going to break the one you have now.

pimpinmex803 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: need help with kenwood kvt 514

thanks for the advise. the kenwood rep told me its very easy and told to go ahead and try it. i have nothing to loose cause cant use screen anyways. might go ahead and try. i will see if i can get that plastic trim peace. thank you

refs- chaunb3400,s12mm400,ABSOLUTEAUDIO,Derrick824,slapp inX, jaredspl,Doingstuffwell,killerzracing,18inchjeepin ,Supergumby5000,Slammed,audiobahnuser18,Grinder198 9,wgsj_fortvalley,Team H&K

Closed Thread